Looking for game

mrgrey
Cannon Fodder

Looking for game

Post by mrgrey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

I like my games to focus more on RP than roaming around killing stuff and taking its loot. As mentioned, I prefer to avoid d20 where possible; I'm not a huge fan of class based systems in general, though I reckon Star Wars and Pathfinder are generally worth playing (though in the case of Star Wars Saga I prefer to play with Skill Training house ruled so that you aren't limited to class skills).

When battle does occur, I like it to be relatively believable; systems like GURPS where there are plenty of options and your ability to avoid being hit is more important than your ability to deal more damage in fewer turns are preferable to games like D&D where at later levels everything depends on how much magic you can bring to bear.

Beyond that, I'm willing to learn just about any system, and I own copies of a few fairly obscure ones.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Welcome, mrgrey.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

mrgrey
Cannon Fodder

Post by mrgrey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 pm

I know it's holiday season, but surely someone has the time to answer, or is at least running such a game. At this point, I'd be willing to play pretty much any system, since I just paid for a piece of software that I'm not getting any use out of...

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:51 am

Hi mrgrey

You do not mention if you are searching for players for a game you plan to host as a GM or if you would like to join a game as a player?

It is my impression that most people here use this software to play with people they already know in "real life"

I use it when we play face to face games with just my pc as the GM and another computer for the players and of cource a huge flat screen tv as the player monitor. That works fantastic.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:59 am

I'm not doing any RP at the moment, but if you'd like to play a boardgame (e.g., Zombie Plague, Aliens, Dead of Night), I'd be happy to run a game when I get back from my trip (around Jan 9th).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

geraldlee11
Cannon Fodder

LFG

Post by geraldlee11 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 pm

hi im new here and would like to join a game pls send some info to geraldlee11 [/at/] yahoo [dot] com or yahoo msg to geraldlee74 tyvm and good gaming.

EDIT By Omni: Spam-proofed email address. Be careful about posting your email address in public forums.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Welcome, geraldlee11.

mrgrey
Cannon Fodder

Post by mrgrey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 pm

I'd like to add D&D 4e to the list of games I'm willing to play; I'm not a huge fan of D&D, but I reckon 4e is the best of a bad bunch ;).

By the way, Lordippon, I'd assumed that whether I was searching for a game or players would be made obvious by the fact that I'm posting in "Players Seeking Games". Clearly I was mistaken.

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:30 am

mrgrey, Oh I did not see that. My mistake :oops:

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 am

How do you guys feel about GURPS ? I have a one off fantassy game prepped and ready to go which i wish to use as a thorough test of BGrpg 1.5.
If you fancy giving it a go you will need version 1.5 installed and you will need to give me your email addresses for the media packs to be sent to you. I live in the UK on GMT 0 but can be flexible on time zone issues if we can agree a time between players.

haidivolume

Post by haidivolume » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:36 am

I'd be willing to play pretty much any system, since I just paid for a piece of software that I'm not getting any use out of...
Last edited by haidivolume on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:59 am

Welcome, haidivolume.

Why aren't you getting any use out of it?

If worse comes to worse, there are 4 solitaire-capable games available for download at the bottom of this page. And there's always the Lobby (available in BRPG v1.6a or higher), which you can use to find BRPG users that are online at any given moment for a quick pick-up game.