Old hack looking for slash

Goddball
Cannon Fodder

Old hack looking for slash

Post by Goddball » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 am

Hi All. I've been gaming off and on for about 30 years (man and boy) and have had a bit of a long hiatus. Last time I played was when D&D 3.0 came out, but I just updated myself with 4e and, despite what I've read about it in online reviews, I want to give it a fair go.

The trouble is that I live in Denmark, far from home, and I'm having trouble finding someone to play face to face (I ask my friends and they look at me like a dog that's just been shown a card trick).

I'm a fairly experienced DM, but not quite acquainted with this online system so would prefer to play a bit until I found my feet (I'm sure they were at the end of my legs last time I looked).

So I'm hoping to play online. If anyone out there wants to give an old timer a new experience (no lewd comments please) then please get in touch by private message.

Cheers,

Goddball

PS: Time zone is Europe, which is USA Eastern +6 hours. Weekend evening gaming would suit me best, especially with two rugrats using me as a mobile climbing frame / trampoline most of the day.
I'm not here, I'm out feeding the cows.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Old hack looking for slash

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Goddball wrote:(I ask my friends and they look at me like a dog that's just been shown a card trick).
Ha, I'll have to remember that one. Perfectly describes the reaction I often get trying to introduce new people to roleplaying.

Good luck finding a game. Seems that most of the people trying to set up public games are players though, not GMs.
Unfortunately my VT games won't be open to invites til I finish my current project (a tile mapping app), which will likely be quite a while.

Goddball
Cannon Fodder

Post by Goddball » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah, I also get the same response when I try to explain american football to them.

Thanks for the advice re: finding a game. I might have to DM something myself.
I'm not here, I'm out feeding the cows.