Looking for a game.

Renocide
Cannon Fodder

Looking for a game.

Post by Renocide » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi.

I'm looking for a game.

No system in mind. Willing to try anything.

I prefer to use some sort of voice chat software.

Anyone?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:58 am

Bump.

Anyone?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:21 am

Normally I would volunteer my game, but it's not ready to move to VTs yet.

stargazr
Soldier

Post by stargazr » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Looking for Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) 3.5E games. Eventually want to DM/GM my own games, but I am brand new to the whole Pen&Paper and relatively little experience DMing via NetMeeting. I like voice/chat during play but it isn't a must. Unlike some, I am not a straight hack n slay kind-of player. I like a mix of of plot development, role-playing, dynamic go-with-the-flow campaigns, and the periodic all-brawn-no brains head bashing. I have purchased the Battlegrounds RPG GM client and 1 floating licence and have E-Tools with 3.5 data sets. I have been reviewing numerous mapping programs and I think I'm leaning towards Dundjinni. Please let me know if you are DMing (or have sufficient sway with your GM) and have room. Also, advice on mapping software and the Pen&Paper environment. Thanks! stargazr

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:35 pm

Welcome, Stargazr.

Dundjinni is not without it's problems, but it's the program that produces the best results with the least effort. Perhaps CC3 can match or even surpass DJ output, but there's a serious learning curve to consider.

Good luck finding a game. This section of the forums hasn't gotten too much use, unfortunately, but I hope that changes soon.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Darkeness66
Cannon Fodder

Darke Battles

Post by Darkeness66 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 pm

I am orginazing a 3.5 D&D game to run Tuesday nights 9 pm est (for about 2 hours per session). It will be primarily hack-n-slash and as of this time have no plans to use vaice chat (one of the players has a crashed sound card). Contact me if interested, either by PM or email (darkeness66@yahoo.com). If emailing make sure to put "online game" in subject line so I can fish your email out of the spam folder.

Darkeness66
Cannon Fodder

Post by Darkeness66 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:59 pm

stargazr wrote: I have been reviewing numerous mapping programs and I think I'm leaning towards Dundjinni. stargazr
I have been using maptools (http://rptools.net). it is a useful (and free) program. It is still in the devolepmental stage, but has an active support staff.

mako
Sergeant

sounds freaking great!

Post by mako » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 pm

That is all me. I Dm and if you read my posts you will see it's all about cracking heads.

Mako

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:24 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking that got posted to the wrong thread by mistake.

stargazr
Soldier

Looking for a game

Post by stargazr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:24 am

Darkness,

Yes Im interested. What version of Battlegrounds do you have, what level is your adventure/module, how do you want to handle character generation, how many other people do you have playing?

stargazr

I responded by email but I thought these questions might be things other gamers might be interested in as well.
Everyone presumably starts out life with lots of luck and very little in the way of common sense...the secret is to have lots of common sense by the time your luck runs out.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:34 am

I believe Darkness is using MapTool, not Battlegrounds.

I assume he just wanted to give MapTool a plug by posting his game announcement on the Battlegrounds forums. Either that or he's considering switching. :wink:

stargazr
Soldier

Looking for a game preferably using Battlegrounds RPG

Post by stargazr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:59 pm

Darkness66 replied via email...
I am actually running a map tools
campgain set to start the first gorup game this
tuesday (short notice for you now).

We have I believe 6 people going into this game
session (a large group, but I don't know how many will
last).

-orc fighter
-dwarf fighter
-human priest
-human sorcerer
-gnome bard (maybe something else, still working on
it)
-human ranger/rogue (mellee)

The party as a group is 3rd level (one player held
over from the original campaign is actully 4th level).

For character creation use the 32 point stat buy from
the DMG, 2500 gp (750 limit on any single item). Max
HP for your level. All 3.5 WOTC books published prior
to 2007 are open except forgotten realms & ebberon.
I'm still looking for anyone playing via Battlegrounds (the voice chat part of it is preferable but not a must) I really just want to get some experience on the player side of the online experience using this software so I can tweek my DMing skills.

I appreciate any advice or comments on where to look or who to ask (I promise not to get in any lengthy debates on the pros/cons of map types, the worthiness/unworthiness of the various levels of detail etc... :twisted:
Sorry...I just had to get that in there...

Heruca...you mentioned many moons ago in a past thread about possible online sessions to help newbies learn the ins/outs of BRPG. Not games persay just PRPG-101 like intros. Did you ever hold any of these any plan to run any??

Thanks...Stargazr
Everyone presumably starts out life with lots of luck and very little in the way of common sense...the secret is to have lots of common sense by the time your luck runs out.

heruca
Developer

Re: Looking for a game preferably using Battlegrounds RPG

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:08 pm

stargazr wrote:Heruca...you mentioned many moons ago in a past thread about possible online sessions to help newbies learn the ins/outs of BRPG. Not games persay just PRPG-101 like intros. Did you ever hold any of these any plan to run any??
I'm running 3 demo sessions at iCon, on March 24-25. No one has signed up yet for any of the sessions. I'm also running a sci-fi game (which no one has signed up for either).

If you want to sign up, here's where you should go:
http://iconvention.org/schedule-24.php
http://iconvention.org/schedule-25.php

(you'll need to create an account at Four Ugly Monsters first, if you don't already have one)

stargazr
Soldier

Online Game Demo

Post by stargazr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Heruca
I noticed at the iCon site:
Battlegrounds: RPG Edition v1.0.6, with voice chat using Skype
When will v1.0.6 be available?
stargazr

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:48 pm

With luck, tonight. But seeing as how I have a social engagement tonight, it might have to wait until tomorrow.

stargazr
Soldier

Online Game Demo

Post by stargazr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:16 pm

np When you do release v1.0.6 what will be the cost for upgrading from v1.0.2b?

I registered at FourUglyMonsters and am waiting for "join Group" authorization from one of their moderators. Any other sessions you'd reccomend me participating in...My main concentrations right now are...D&D, 3.5e, BattlegroundsRPG, Dundjinni, DM/GM and/or player...

heruca
Developer

Re: Online Game Demo

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:49 pm

stargazr wrote:When you do release v1.0.6 what will be the cost for upgrading from v1.0.2b?
All v1.x updates to BRPG are completely free for registered users.

If there is ever a v2.0 of BRPG, that would require an upgrade fee.
stargazr wrote:I registered at FourUglyMonsters and am waiting for "join Group" authorization from one of their moderators. Any other sessions you'd reccomend me participating in...My main concentrations right now are...D&D, 3.5e, BattlegroundsRPG, Dundjinni, DM/GM and/or player...
FUM forum authorization should be quick.

I don't really have any recommendations regarding iCon sessions. Just sign up for anything that strikes your fancy (as long as there are no scheduling comflicts). There will also be round table discussions that you may want to sit in on.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Stargazr,

Here's a little more info, from the Licenses page on the main site:
Any updates or patches to the program will be free. An update is anything that doesn't increase the version number of the application (e.g., BRPG v1.1). Updates may include bug fixes, and/or they may have some new features added. Version 1 will get periodic updates up until Version 2 is released, at which point the only updates released for v1.x will be bug fixes.

Any upgrades of the program to a newer version (e.g., BRPG v2.0) will have to be purchased, but users who have licensed a prior version will always receive substantial discounts for upgrading.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:46 pm

heruca wrote:With luck, tonight. But seeing as how I have a social engagement tonight, it might have to wait until tomorrow.
Update: It'll definitely not be today, but tomorrow. There's some wonkiness I need to fix with the way messages appear in the new chat window.

stargazr
Soldier

Still...Looking for Games

Post by stargazr » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:43 pm

All,
I continue my campaign of sorts...Looking for Online Games (preferably using BRPG).

I am now a part of a Maptools game that darkness66 runs (two hours per week) but I still feel that BRPG is a largely untapped tool for hosting online games. Even after playing the Maptools game for one session has sent me back to modify an encounter I'm preparing on BRPG. I'm using WOTCs Oringinal Adventures "A Dark and Stormy Knight" http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20050329a as my first attempt at building an encounter into BRPG.

I'm still looking for other online games...but could use some pointers. When doing online searches, what key words are the best for specify online games using tools such as BPRG and Maptools. I've tried Pen and Paper, Pencil and Paper, and Onlinebut I keep getting a lot of forums such as Myth-Weavers which are largely for play-by-post or for sharing graphics such as maps, icons, or other graphics. In the last three weeks I've registered at Wizards, SRD, Military Focus, NZ Computers, Dream Weaved Worlds, Occult Entertainment, Open RPG, Mesa Games, Dundjinni, View LTD, Four Ugly Monsters, RP Tools, and the afor mentioned Myth-Weavers. I know I haven't even scratched the surface.

I know the Battlegrounds forums are logically the best place to post and look for posts but any suggestions anyone may have to narrow my searches for these type of online games would be greatly appreciated.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:57 pm

I doubt anywhere will be better than here for finding BRPG players, particularly if you don't have Floating Licenses to allow your players to play for free. The game-matching forums are still rather low in activity, as BRPG is still getting up to speed and building up a userbase. You might try to find players at iCon and FUM, too.

mako
Sergeant

hey stargazer

Post by mako » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:31 pm

Stargazer it's Mikey from Maptools I was also in Darkness game on Tuesday nights I am the cleric, which one are you. I have been a long time owner of BG.

We defeinatley need to get together to run a BG game. I like MT but I haven't been able to do a BG meeting yet.

Get back to me so we can set something up.

Mikey or Mako :D

stargazr
Soldier

BRPG Games

Post by stargazr » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Mikey,
I'm the newbie ranger who apparently can't hit the broadside of the barn...and when I do...I forget the whole point of undead needing something a with a little more umph than regular arrows. But what do you expect for third level. :P

I agree with trying to get something together for BRPG. I have the GM client with one floating license right now but I'm considering the floating 5 pack. (I have three kids old enough to play...two who live in CA). Do you have a GM Client or Player Client or are you still using the freebie :roll: ?

I have been loading a trial encounter from WOTC's site. I've tried scanning, screen capture of pdf maps, and a few other techniques but I've pretty much settled on building the maps in Dundjinni, tweeking with the GIMP, and setting up the rest of the encounter with BRPG. I started out with 102b, and keep updating...but I've been spending more time updating then actually building encounters or running encounters. So, unless something earth shattering gets added or heruca can help me with the step for upgrading encounters, I plan to stick with v1.0.6a for the time being.

mako
Sergeant

Gm Client

Post by mako » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:31 am

Okay it sounds like we are in the same page. I have the Gm client, dunjini, e-tools full mokney version, turn tracker, and maptools. I have made several Dunjini maps but I am always having that stupid Java issue. I have to run a single game oe even watch someone run a game in BG.
I just happen to stumble across Maptools and found an active game quickly (Darkness') and that is the only reason I jumped to map tools. Granted the mapbuilder for MT is cool especialy the unbounded map, but I just love BG Error free FOW feature.

I really like Dunjini's awesome map making ability, just that goofy Java issue keeps messing me up.

Mikey

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:49 am

After iCon is over, I want to see about scheduling at least monthly BRPG demo sessions, to give folks a chance to try out the software, see it in use, ask questions, etc.