Looking for a game.

stargazr
Soldier

Demo sessions

Post by stargazr » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Heruca,
Maybe you can get some of your trusty companions to pick months with a theme...such as how to use the FOG OF WAR capability, Lighting, Turn Sequencer, Hosting games, how to build Encounters, etc.... and have them run the demo. That would keep you from having to bear the whole burden.
Everyone presumably starts out life with lots of luck and very little in the way of common sense...the secret is to have lots of common sense by the time your luck runs out.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:43 pm

Or I can make various topic-based tutorial videos, and newbies can refer to those when just starting out.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

mako
Sergeant

Reality

Post by mako » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:09 pm

I have made clear all of the rpg software that I own. Now, weather it is VRPG or just DM software and character generators. Not a one.....I mean NO ONE, has an advanced Video "how-to" Library.

On top of everything else you are doing to take this on would put you on top. If you were to make quick and easy to follow "Short" vids everone would definatly show up.

1. How to log on and port forward.
2. How to import/upload maps and incorporate multiple maps.
3. The king. Fog of War usability!
4. Chat
5. Saving games.
6 and all the other stuff too.

Please please please!

Mikey

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Well, I certainly wouldn't be the first to do video tutorials. KloogeWerks already has them (in fact, I think they are the main source of documentation).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:52 pm

I have some other ideas for documentation too that I'm going to look into ;-)

mako
Sergeant

I stand corrected

Post by mako » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:06 pm

Umm, I was merely stating the potential growth of intrest through Video use. I am not sure whom made some video help for Maptools on fouruglymonster.com It might have been Kloodge , but they were very nice. Quick, simple and to the point, in and out.
There is definatly room to grow in this area.

Also no knock to KLoodgworks, I am not familiar with their product. Out of all the software products I have, none of them have video help.

BG Rocks
Mikey

tommy357
Cannon Fodder

Re: online RPG game using battlegrounds

Post by tommy357 » Sun May 13, 2007 4:42 am

Darkeness66 wrote:I am orginazing a 3.5 D&D game to run Tuesday nights 9 pm est (for about 2 hours per session). It will be primarily hack-n-slash and as of this time have no plans to use vaice chat (one of the players has a crashed sound card). Contact me if interested, either by PM or email (darkeness66@yahoo.com). If emailing make sure to put "online game" in subject line so I can fish your email out of the spam folder.
Hi Darkeness,

I've read your thread for opening a D&D game on Tuesday night 9pm (EST). I'm interested in it. could u let me to join your game as players?
I'm using battlegrounds for online RPG. If you have interested, please
PM me or email me: tommy356@hotmail.com or

add me MSN: tommy356@hotmail.com or
yahoo messager: tommy357@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Tommy
:P
Last edited by tommy357 on Sun May 13, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

tommy357
Cannon Fodder

Re: Darke Battles

Post by tommy357 » Sun May 13, 2007 4:43 am

Darkeness66 wrote:I am orginazing a 3.5 D&D game to run Tuesday nights 9 pm est (for about 2 hours per session). It will be primarily hack-n-slash and as of this time have no plans to use vaice chat (one of the players has a crashed sound card). Contact me if interested, either by PM or email (darkeness66@yahoo.com). If emailing make sure to put "online game" in subject line so I can fish your email out of the spam folder.
Hi Darkeness,

I've read your thread for opening a D&D game on Tuesday night 9pm (EST). I'm interested in it. could u let me to join your game as players?
I'm using battlegrounds for online RPG. If you have interested, please
PM me or email me: tommy356@hotmail.com or

add me MSN: tommy356@hotmail.com or
yahoo messager: tommy357@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Tommy
:P

ebonyknight
Cannon Fodder

Post by ebonyknight » Thu May 31, 2007 7:55 am

Hello all!

After a "spooky" experience getting a player license, I am interested in joining up with some online games using the software. I would prefer D&D (haven't played in 18+ years), but I am willing to try anything.

I did just get the software and am not too familiar with it yet, but I am willing if you are. You can email me at quells20106@mypacks.net

I am pretty flexible to times (except normal working hours of course) and days.

Thanks, looking forward to getting back to RPG'ing (or anything else for that matter).

One question. I currently play Warhammer 40K and Fantasy. Has anyone tried (is it even capable?) using it for that?

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 am

Hi Ebonyknight,

I am kind of in the same boat as you looking for a steady game after a 10 year hiatus. So there are two players here if anyone is interested. :)

While I have never played Warhammer, I play Lord of the Rings Tabletop and D&D minis with my sons and could easily see those ported to BRPG. The only difference might be that both LOTR and D&D minis are skirmish games and you move individual figures. Warhammer may get a little clunky with moving whole units. I believe Heruca is a war gamer he might be able to answer you better whether it can be ported.

Grey

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu May 31, 2007 11:58 am

I've added some features in recent releases that should help make BRPG more suitable for Warhammer-style games:

1. Support for hundreds of units on a map
2. Multi-unit selection via Shift-clicking
3. Multi-unit selection via dragging a marquee (a bounding box) with the mouse

What isn't supported right now that I think might be a showstopper is turning entire formations. Right now you could select a whole squad of troops and change their facing, but the formation of units can't be turned on an axis. You could cheat it by making a PNG of the entire formation and deploying it as an object, which can be rotated easily. Of course, then you lose the ability to kill off individual figures, but you could use a number overlay or a custom text label to denote casualties to each unit formation.

ebonyknight
Cannon Fodder

Post by ebonyknight » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:54 pm

*Sniff*

Nobody wants me to play??? :cry:

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:50 pm

ebonyknight wrote:*Sniff*

Nobody wants me to play??? :cry:
I may actually run a game of Castles and Crusades in a bit. (Plays like first edition D&D without THAC0). Currently, I am putting my sons through a module, trying to gauge how rusty I have gotten DMing. :P

If you have an interest I will be sure to keep you informed.

Grey

ebonyknight
Cannon Fodder

Post by ebonyknight » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:03 pm

YAY!!!!! :D