Fading Suns anyone?

bayushi27
Cannon Fodder

Fading Suns anyone?

Post by bayushi27 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Greetings all,

I'm looking to run a weekly Fading Suns Second Edition game. Each session to last 2-4 hrs in the early evening with a start time of 6 pm EST. The particular day to be determined by the group.
GM: Larry
# of players: 3-6
Style of Play: Heavy roleplaying, PC/NPC interations, and Intrigue are the major points of play. Though combat is in integral part of the game I do not run a hack and slash game where miniature combat is the main stay of the night.

It is the dawn of the sixth millenium and the skies are darkening, for the suns themselves are fading. Humans reached the stars long ago, building a Republic of high technology and universal emancipation -- and then squandered it, fought over it, and finally lost it. A New Dark Age has descended upon humanity, for the greatest of civilizations has fallen and now even the stars are dying. Feudal lords rule the Known Worlds, vying for power with fanatic priests and scheming guilds.
Fading Suns is a science fiction game of heavy combat, vicious politics, weird occultism, alien secrets and artifacts, and unknown and un-mapped worlds. And the mystery of why the suns are fading hangs over all. It's grim fantasy meets sci-fi meets call of cthulu

Please feel free to email me with any questions or interest in play. My email is blue_lifesaver@yahoo.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:37 pm

That sounds like a very cool setting. I hadn't heard of Fading Suns before.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

bayushi27
Cannon Fodder

Post by bayushi27 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Yeah it is one of my favorite Space Opera settings..very Dune like with the noble houses. I like how they incoperated the "dark age" into a scifi system. The general people's fear/awe of technology is reminiscent of the Empire in WH40K. Hope some folks want to give it a try! You can buy the core book online at RPG Drive Thru.