New GM seeking new players

Aurick427
Cannon Fodder

New GM seeking new players

Post by Aurick427 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi there,
Im a DM that started playing D&D 3.0/3.5 d20 not long ago and am still learning the ropes, but know enough to be able to run Adventure Path series games. I am looking for players who want to learn and play along with me using BattlegroundsRPG. Need 2/3 players.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:17 pm

Welcome, Aurick427.

Good luck finding players for your game.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:34 am

Welcome aboard Aurick :D

What timezone and playing times are we talking about?

MarkSimms
General

Hey!

Post by MarkSimms » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:36 am

hello Aurick427

I am new to D&D aswell as BattleGrounds, I have only read D&D version 1.0 a few years back. I dont have any rules to read or any Experience, I can only play the Demo version at the moment, so you would hopefully have a floating licence? can you help?

I would love to play it all looks like christmass the nice graphics and software around here!

thankyou Mark

Shadowclave
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shadowclave » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:32 am

Hi! I'd be interested in giving it a shot. I'd also be interested in knowing the time zones and playing times. I'm new to Battlegrounds, so this would be a good experience. Let me know... (I usually play a rogue)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:59 am

Welcome, Shadowclave.

Glad to see someone signing up for an announced game.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Shadowclave
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shadowclave » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:37 pm

Thanks Heruca! Hopefully this game will get up and running, I'd like to see how it all works so I can get my own campaign online. That is, if I ever get the bugs worked out of Dundjinni... word of caution, apparently it's not compatible with Java 1.6. Anyway, looking forward to trying out BRPG, love what you've done with the place.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:16 pm

OT: Correct, DJ isn't currently compatible with Java 6, but a patch should be out very soon that will address that, and more.

stargazr
Soldier

Are you still looking for players?

Post by stargazr » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:29 pm

I recently returned from the sandbox and would like to hook-up with a group. I have a liscense so that wouldn't be an issue. I have some experience with D&D3.5 but I am still learning BRPG. I would like to eventually start running adventures as well. Let me know if you still have openings. Brian
Everyone presumably starts out life with lots of luck and very little in the way of common sense...the secret is to have lots of common sense by the time your luck runs out.

Liart
Cannon Fodder

Post by Liart » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:41 am

Greetings Aurick

I think I may be interested in joining you as well, if there are still spots open. I have my own license, so that at least won't be a problem. What times are you looking at running it?

-Liart

---
Whoops, just noticed the original post date.. looks like I'm a little late :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Welcome, Liart.

Looks like this game is garnering a decent amount of interest. I hope Aurick is still around and seeing these messages.

twinblaze
Cannon Fodder

D&D

Post by twinblaze » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:32 pm

I just created a membership and am looking to play some D&D. I live in Colorado Springs, CO and we try to get together at least once a month, but latlely, it has been 2 months since we have gotten together for tabletop. This schedule does not satisify my D&D needs. I would love to try this online program and play once/twice a month. Any DMs looking for a new player?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:14 pm

Welcome, twinblaze.

MrGrenadine
Soldier

Calling all GMs: Let's play!

Post by MrGrenadine » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 pm

I've been reading these boards and waiting for a solid BRPG D&D 3.5 game to start up for *so* long. I just can't believe BRPG doesn't have a bigger user base by now.

I see the comments generated by Aurick's post as a glimmer of hope, but Aurick posted in the middle of last year, so I propose one of the potential GMs who have posted here just jump right in and start up a game. Don't worry about having every nuance of the software figured out yet--we just want to play! At least I do, anyway, so if you start a game, know that you'll have at least one dedicated, responsible player to depend on.

How long could it take to find a few interested souls and agree on a time that works for everyone? Hell, since 4e is going to be released in June, we have 4 months to organize a group to play the new version--that should be plenty of time, right?

So, in case any GMs are inspired to step up, I'm free Sunday through Thursday night 8pm to whenever Eastern time (US).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Welcome, MrGrenadine.

I too am disappointed at the lack of activity in the "Game Room" subforums. I'm not sure why this is; perhaps most users simply prefer to play with their geographically-dispersed real-life friends, rather than meet new players online. And I assume that around 15-20% of Battlegrounds users don't play online at all, but rather use it with a projector or HDTV in face-to-face games.

Whatever the case, I really hope the activity here picks up at some point. It should, since every month there are more users.

Good luck finding a game.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 am

heruca wrote:Whatever the case, I really hope the activity here picks up at some point.
I think a broadcasting feature for BRPG would definitely help in that regard.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:52 am

I wouldn't mind however i ratgher play 2nd ed. 3.0 and 3.5 can have some problems for a new Gm while dealing with players that have played awhile. 2nd ed is more novice gm friendly.