GM new to Battlegrounds

Huli
Cannon Fodder

GM new to Battlegrounds

Post by Huli » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:44 pm

I guess I am not exactly 'old' but I do have over 6 years DMind experience for dnd 3.0/3.5. I have only ever used a virtual tabletop client once and it was a bad experience as a player. Basically I am looking to start a new campaign in the Forgotten Realms and am looking for no less than 3 and hopefully no more than 5.

About Myself:
I have DMed for a long time but recent time as a player under an amazing DM has shown me I have a lot to learn. I think I do pretty well though. I also know what it is like to be a player and have a good idea what player's are looking for in a game.

About the Campaign:
Sadly I am still lacking a lot in creating my own adventures, though I have been known to come up with on-the-fly adventures that are pretty good, so I will be using a pre-bought campaign called Cormyr, The Tearing of the Weave. If you have a problem with DMs using pre-boughts or you have already played through this before, then this is not the game for you. I would like to note though that I use the book mostly as a reference and I still use a lot of character developement so that the players feel like it is an actual world with real people and personalities. I don't feel any obligation to following the campaign verbatum and very frequently change it for the campaign. I hope to start at level 1 and build the characters into the adventure rather than starting out at level 4. My preferred playing style is not battle specific or rp specific and not even a little of both but A LOT of both. I like random encounters and I love people gettng so much in character that they use the voice of their race while taking. Which brings up anotherpoint, I will be utilizing a chat system that allows everyone to comunicate through mics to speed up gameplay and add more realism. We will probably be using Ventrillo, but that will be determined later. I am accepting all levels of experience and have no problem giving a little extra help to anyone who needs it, as I have a throughough knowledge of 3.5 rules and changes from 3.0. I will be asking a lot of questions to prespective players to make sure you are right for my game. As I have said, I m new to Battlegrounds so the beginning might seem a little slow while I get used to the client, but I will try to familiarize myself before we actually start playing. I don't have a date set when I will start, it may take a few weeks or longer to get the players ready and such, so bear with me. Feel free to email me at awhitesides@vandals.uidaho.edu or to repost here, though email will be your best bet.

Thank you all and I hope to talk to you soon.
Last edited by Huli on Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:58 pm

Welcome, Huli.

Good luck finding players for your game. Sounds fun.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:13 am

Hi ;-)
Yeah, I don't like pre-made campaigns personally, but at least you're honest. :P

mparham
Cannon Fodder

Post by mparham » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:36 pm

Sent you a response via email Huli, looking forward to chatting about your game at some point in the future. :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:14 am

Welcome, mparham.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.