Looking for more players for D&D 3.5

Prismshard
Captain

Looking for more players for D&D 3.5

Post by Prismshard » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 am

Hello,
If anyone is interested in playing some D&D 3.5, I'm starting a campaign on Monday March 24th. I have two players currently, but would like to have 4-6 ideally. If you're interested in joining, let me know.
I'll let you know up front: You'll need a player's license for BG in order to join up. I don't have any floating licenses, and don't plan on buying any in the near future. It's pretty inexpensive, less than the cost of most RPG books, so I encourage you to pick one up and support BG.

Thanks,
Prism Shard

smfink
Cannon Fodder

Post by smfink » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Hey. I'm interested in joining if you still need players. I played D&D offline for about 8 yrs (2nd Edition but I've been reading up on 3.5 and it sound pretty cool). I don't have Battlegrounds yet, but I'll download it if I can find a regular game. I'm available to play one night a week after 7 or so. If you're still looking please let me know when you play. Thanks

mparham
Cannon Fodder

Post by mparham » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Good day,

I and perhaps one of my sons are both interested in trying out a game using this toolset. My D&D experience goes back to approx 1986, and I've raised my sons to play and enjoy a good game as well. We are familiar with each addition, including 3.5, and participate in a "live" session (just taking a break due to some real life events coming up).

I dont currently have the toolset, but that is only due to a lack of a game in which to use it. Once I find a game, I can be set up in no time.

MrGrenadine
Soldier

Welcome aboard!

Post by MrGrenadine » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi, smfink and mparham!

Good to see that we have some interest for our merry band. Mparham, if your son plays then we'll have 5, which would be fantastic. (Also, I love that you game with your sons--my boy just turned 6 months, which is still too early to get him his first set of dice, unfortunately.)

Anyway, I'm not the DM, so Prism Shard will let you know if you're in, and if so, all the game details. (Speaking of which--Prism...are you out there?)

As for characters, Misfits and I thought we'd be going it alone, so we each rolled up two characters. Now that we're a proper group, though, I'll go with my rogue. Misfits--you had a ranger and a sorcerer prepped, I believe, so let us know which you'll go with.

Hope we get things set up soon,

MrG
AIM: MrBigGrin

mparham
Cannon Fodder

Post by mparham » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:32 pm

Any word regarding the startup of this game session?

MrGrenadine
Soldier

Wha' happened?

Post by MrGrenadine » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:15 am

Well, our DM has been AWOL since about March 24th--haven't seen him on the boards, and he hasn't answered the emails I sent him--so I'm guessing this game is a bust.

Not that this is the first time that I've had a DM just disappear, but damn, its a pain. I've been trying to hook up with a good FR campaign using BRPG for months now, and it looked like it was actually gonna happen. To quote the great Maxwell Smart:

'Missed it by that much.'

So, if anyone out there wants to DM a D&D 3.5 game, preferably in the Realms, then I know 4-6 players who would be interested!

Prismshard
Captain

I'm back

Post by Prismshard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Hello,
Sorry for the absence. I've been without a computer for the last nearly two weeks when my power supply exploded.
I bought another power supply, hoping that would fix my computer, but it still didn't work. Apparently something had gone wrong with my motherboard, and I basically had to replace the entire system, with the exception of a couple of hard drives and my optical drive, which survived.
I was short on cash, so I ordered parts online, which took awhile to arrive. I now have my mostly new computer up and running, with everything reinstalled. Now hopefully I don't have any car problems, since buying all the computer components pretty much ate up my emergency fund =(
Anyway, I'd like to run a game if you're still interested. Again, sorry for the disappearance.

Prism Shard

MrGrenadine
Soldier

Post by MrGrenadine » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Woohoo!

I'm in!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Prismshard, let me know if you need new license keys for BRPG. It sounds like you don't, since you were able to salvage your hard drives, but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

Nice to see you back, btw, and sorry to hear about your computer's untimely demise.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Prismshard
Captain

Post by Prismshard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:27 pm

I'm hoping that some of the weird problems I was having with BG before had something to do with my motherboard being bad. So hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on =)
Wishful thinking, I know, but one can always hope.

Prismshard
Captain

Post by Prismshard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Oh yeah, the one of my three hard drives that did die for good was my IDE hard drive. That was the hard drive I had BG on, so I will have to submit for a new license number. Thanks for reminding me.

mparham
Cannon Fodder

Post by mparham » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:59 am

Good to hear that you are on your way back up Prismshard. I am still very interested, and will hear from my son either this eve of tomorrow when he comes over for dinner.

I would like a few more details about your campaign intentions, such as will we be able to take advantage of a voicechat tool such as teamspeak (I hate extensive typing - I'm an old fart and "guys" didnt take typing class in My day). Also can you tell us abit more about house rules, gameplay themes, etc. Also, are there any icon/graphic sets that we need to get hold of in preparation.

Re's, Mike

Prismshard
Captain

Post by Prismshard » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 am

Well, we were using Skype for voicechat, which seemed to work pretty well. We also would run AIM in the background so we could keep in contact in case everything else crashed.
We're using D&D 3.5 rules. No house rules that I can think of right now. The tone of the campaign is going to be a pretty basic D&D campaign: a group of heroes goes out and fights monsters, protects the innocent, and loots the bad guys for treasure. I might try something more unique and/or complicated later, but I'm planning on keeping it pretty basic to start with, at least until I get used to running games in this format.
Let me know if the monday night time works for you, or if we need to consider a different gaming night.

Thanks,
Prism Shard

mparham
Cannon Fodder

Post by mparham » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 am

Hello Prism,

I liked everything that I've seen so far, but I can't accomodate a three to four hour session if it starts at 10pm EST, as I get up approx 0530 to prepare for work (morning puppy chores and exercises with the wife). I am capable of staying up to midnight on any given night, and later on weekends, but not weekdays, and can work with two separate shorter sessions in a week.

I really dont want to mess up everyone elses schdeule though, if this proves to be the best time for you all.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Prismshard wrote:Well, we were using Skype for voicechat, which seemed to work pretty well. We also would run AIM in the background so we could keep in contact in case everything else crashed.
Skype has text chat included, so you wouldn't need AIM as a backup if you're already using Skype (even if the audio portion of Skype is giving you trouble).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

MarkSimms
General

join game

Post by MarkSimms » Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 am

Hi,Prismshard!

Do you have any slots in a game for me? Im very new, and would like to get into a game!

Ive bought D&D3.5 for Reference, and the Basic Game of D&D miniatures! but only played first encounter, Im very new!

anytime you play I will fit in, as I work from home.

thanks MArk