GURPS test game

fb66
General

GURPS test game

Post by fb66 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:57 am

The game will be a one off for now that may or may not become a campaign. The game will be set in a future Earth based very loosely on the old Shadow run game. Any one interested PM me on here. (I may be a little slow to reply as work is an issue) Once i have enough interested parties i will look to getting a firm date and time
(i use BGrpg version 1.2f and have ONE floating liscence only)

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:47 pm

3e or 4e?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:42 pm

I'm curious, what's the Shadowrun background like/about?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:19 pm

Heruca - Are you asking what the actual Shadowrun is like, or what fb66's Shadowrun-esque background will be like?

If you're not familiar with Shadowrun itself, here's a good Wikipedia entry on it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 pm

The wikipedia entry did the trick, thanks. Sounds interesting, though a bit alien to what I'm accustomed to.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Yeah, Shadowrun was one of the very early genre-benders. At the time, I preferred my cyberpunk straight up, but it was incredibly popular in its day.

oleingva
General

Post by oleingva » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:23 am

I love Shadowrun, and think it is a great game - unfortunately, I have too much on my plate right now. But I recommend everyone else to give it a shot.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:35 pm

ok guys sorry i have been so slow to reply.
The game will use the GURPS 4TH edition rules with a home spun back ground that is loosely based on shadowrun.
For those who dont know shadowrun or those that do but want to know how sifferent it will be here are some basic notes.

The game will be set in the year 2067 in a future where cyberpunk meets fantasy. It will be set in a highly speculative future version of the city of London in the UK. In this future you will have a range of fairly standard fantasy races coexisting in a cyberpunkian urban sprawl. Magic has been real since the manaclism of 2047 and is just beggining to have a truly noticable effect on society.

Now where my version differs from shadowrun (for those in the know) is i have removed spirits from the test game for simplicity (they may return for a campaign though) and the whole mages interation with astral space has gone too simply because of the 4th editon costs associated with such things (most notable astral projection running at 100+ points).