Let the games begin!

heruca
Developer

Let the games begin!

Post by heruca » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:28 pm

Now that BRPG is available for pre-ordering, perhaps it's not too soon for GMs to start advertising the games they plan to run online, and try to get a group of players together.

Who wants to start it off?

I suggest providing the campaign or adventure title, the RPG rules system that will be used, the genre and game style, a brief synopsis, how many players you're looking for, how often you plan to play and on what day/s, what time/s you'll be GMing (don't forget to specify the time zone), and perhaps a URL if you've posted a web page for your game.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:10 pm

I've been such a slacker in helping out/posting over the last few months that I'll hopefully pick up the slack by posting the first game!
<>< ;^)

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 pm

My games are fairly complicated since they are mostly improvised, so I will have to thoroughly learn the client before I can start up any games.

masterlurker
Captain

Post by masterlurker » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:05 pm

I need for my PC to be back up, and to finalize with my potential players that the game is still on, but I'll most likely be using BRPG for my summer game simply so I can use my homebrew system.
~lurker~
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. -- Mark Twain

masterlurker
Captain

Post by masterlurker » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:15 am

We already have a "Games Seeking Players"/vice versa, but will there be a place for games not seeking players (i.e., already set up and ready for transcripts/player info)?
~lurker~
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. -- Mark Twain

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:24 am

I could add one. What would it be used for, exacly? Posting chat logs? Working out character details before the game starts? Anything else?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:06 am

Perhaps just for bragging, bemoaning and posterities sake...

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:44 pm

I'm working on a phpBB script (as erian suggested) that will keep track of open and ongoing games as well as players that need games and show all of it in nice dynamic tables.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:04 pm

Excellent. Will this be something you'd want to host on your own site, or here?

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:55 pm

I'll be hosting it on my own site, since the forum it attaches to will need to be seen as neutral area, not devoted to any one method of roleplaying.

If you set it up so that BRPG can broadcast it's games to a server though, I can have it automatically update that on my game listings for the my site.
Plus I can give you a condensed version of the script that would show it on the BRPG site as well.

masterlurker
Captain

Post by masterlurker » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:45 pm

heruca wrote:I could add one. What would it be used for, exacly? Posting chat logs? Working out character details before the game starts? Anything else?
I already have a game prepared for the future and arn't looking for any more players (unless one drops), therefore it's not a "Game Seeking Players" and remains homeless. A good comparison would be Four Ugly Monsters--they have the campaign section where you work out char, world, system, setting details, chat logs, whatever the GM/players want. Just a thought. But Hale pretty much hit it on the head =P "My players are better than yours"

Actually, transcripts and chat logs not only keep lazy players up-to-date, but give others a good idea of the GM/Players' gaming styles.
~lurker~ :roll:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:17 pm

What shall I call the forum? Ongoing Games? Campaigns? Game Journals? Something else?

masterlurker
Captain

Post by masterlurker » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:21 am

I have no idea really, it's your forums :P
~lurker~

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:15 am

Campaign Logs
or Game Logs

I suggest

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:32 pm

A new forum called "Game & Campaign Logs" is now available, in the Game Community section.