True20 Fantasy

Cannon Fodder

True20 Fantasy

Post by HuxleyJP » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:30 pm

It looks like I will have one or two spots open for a Fantasy themed campaign using the True20 Core rules system. I've been a fan of Mutants and Masterminds for a while now (and a supporter of Green Ronin) and it looks like True20 is the best way to adapt that system to a Fantasy game.

I won't overload this post will too many details about the campaign but let me just say that we prefer to defy Fantasy conventions as often as possible so don't expect to see familiar faces like elves and dwarves and orcs running around. As far as I'm concerned, nothing ruins the suspension of disbelief in a fantasy campaign more than having players who inevitably know more about the world than their characters do.

I am a professional writer and Professor of Languages and Humanities, so my strong suit as a GM is obvioulsy the extent to which my writerly skills shine through dialogue, flavor text, description, and lore. My campaigns generally revolve around important world-based events, political and cultural conflicts, and moral/ethical decisions, so don't expect too much Hack and Slash or loot-mongering.

We are all in America on the East Coast, for scheduling purposes.

Finally, familiarity with the rulebook is pretty much mandatory. It's not so much a matter of my being too lazy to explain things as it is my feeling that the publisher should get paid when someone is using their product, so it's somewhat unethical to paraphrase an entire core rulebook. It's a very reasonably priced download from rpgnow, anyway.

That's about all I have to say for now. Having now officially given up hope for Screen Monkey, the campaign will be up and running as soon as we have a tabletop to run it on. If you'd like to find out more, feel free to email me at