Time for another bug hunt!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:17 pm

OK, the first game session will start at 4:00 PM EST. Click here to see what time that is in your city, if you're not sure.

We will be using BRPG v1.4e, which you can download by clicking here (for the Windows version) or here (for the Mac version).

My IP address, for both the BRPG session and the Ventrilo server, is (Edit: IP address removed because game session is over).

The plan is for everyone to first meet up in Ventrilo. I will start hosting about 10-15 minutes prior to game time. Once in the Ventrilo chat room, I'll give you a download link for my Aliens boardgame conversion.

I won't be contacting people privately via email or PM, as I said earlier. It turns out to be too hard to bother with, considering there are folks registered on three separate forums.

If all goes well, I'll host a second game session later tonight, around 9:30 PM EST.

Please do not try to attend either game session if you don't have Ventrilo and a mic.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:23 pm

What is the port number for the Vent server? It wont let me connect without it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Port 3784 (the default)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:30 pm

lol okay, I was going to try and do a test connect on it so i know everything was set up properly so I didnt have any hang ups, like i have in the past

Edit, Damn crap isnt letting me connect to the vent server.. I hate moving....

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:24 pm

9:30 EST still the plan? One of my guys isn't going to make it, hopefully I still have at least one more though.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:27 pm

Yup. Meeting up in Ventrilo first, once again.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:02 am

Excellent Game (5/9 survivors, so a Draw), using the audio in it and portraits for cards, definatly helps showcase features of Battlegrounds. Game session was great, we did get lucky though that most of the aliens spawned far enough away that we were able to maintain control for quite some time.

I would definatly be interested in joining in one of these again the next time there is a bug hunt. :D

Thanks for everything Heruca.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:15 am

I had a lot of fun, but I have to admit that running two sessions of this in one evening left me a bit drained. :)

Here are some screenshots for anyone who's interested in playing this event at FUMcon over Easter Weekend.
Attachments
Start of Game.png
Start of Game.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 5989 times
Closeup near the end.png
Closeup near the end.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 5872 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:18 am

BTW, one of the players today was running BRPG on Windows 7, so, while it had an issue at the start importing the large map, everything else seemed to work fine under that OS, which is promising.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Yes I was the one running windows 7. We had an issue with the import of large bitmaps but other then that everything ran really good. And of course we had lots of fun. Our group lost 4 out of 9 space marines and yes the game says its a draw but we think it a victory. We played it to a t to the movie so i think it was a victory. Heruca was probably cussing at our dice rolls, ( our guys that needed a 0 to hit we nailing them dead on all night long :P) So If you all have another chance to play ths game I say go for it, it was lots of fun.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 pm

I'll be hosting another game session (see the OP) on Thursday evening. Anyone with Skype and a mic is welcome to join. We'll be using BRPG v1.6a. Anyone with the free BRPG Demo can play (i.e., no license required).

Start time will be at 7 PM PST (10 PM EST).

Meet in the new Lobby for the game's IP address.

Edit: Changed the day and start time.

Andugus
Cannon Fodder

Can't log in

Post by Andugus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:13 pm

I am trying to get into the lobby but nothing seems to happen when I press connect. Game time was supposed to be ten minutes ago.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Welcome, Andugus.

Are you sure you are using v1.6a? The Lobby no longer works in v1.6, due to a change in my server's IP address and a bug in the code that's supposed to update the server IP whenever it changes.

Looks like we'll be starting a bit later than intended; I goofed in my time zone conversion. :oops: