Suggestion for game announcements

heruca
Developer

Suggestion for game announcements

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:36 am

I was thinking it might be a good idea if game announcements on this forum made it clear whether that game will be run by a GM with floating licenses available (and not reserved for his/her core players).

That way, folks will know at a glance that it's something they might be able to play in, even if all they have is the free Demo.

So how about some sort of a shorthand code in the game announcement, like:

Dungeon Crawl [FLx5]

...meaning the GM of that game has 5 Floating License slots available for freeloaders... umm, I mean for people that are still evaluating the Battlegrounds software for possible purchase. :lol:

Does anyone else think something like this might be useful?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

hjorhrafn
Cannon Fodder

Post by hjorhrafn » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:51 am

Since you ask, yeah, I think that's a good standard to set.

*Can anyone tell it is late and I'm bored?*

Jixxala
Captain

Post by Jixxala » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:20 am

Absolutely a good idea.

Further I think the GM should state in the first paragraph the game style and any "extras" expected of the players. For instance in my games the players will need to get a copy of the players book section I am working on and the appropriate character sheets. Since others on this forum are also doing there own styles/games, we should have this set as a standard. Don't want anyone to get all excited about a dungeon crawl only to find out it is a different system than they expected.
Jixxala
Developer of PGS (Pegasus Gaming System)
Current state - Alpha
Beta starts October.
www.Pegasus-Foundation.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:27 pm

And I'd suggest also in the first paragraph, perhaps putting the level range (or point range, for some systems) of the PCs.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.