Marvel game& question

trheel
Cannon Fodder

Marvel game& question

Post by trheel » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:20 pm

I am looking to host a online marvel superhero game with pc's being established hero team like the avengers or the xmen. I would like to play any night around 6 or 7 est. Is there anyone intrested in a game like this?
and another question which is better bg or fg for online games?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:38 pm

Welcome, trheel.

Sounds like a fun game.

As for which virtual tabletop software is better for online games, it's a matter of personal preference and what features are important to you. If interactive d20 character sheets are important, and you don't have any Mac users in your group, I'd say go with FG. If you want a nicer battlemap, or sound effects, try BRPG. Some people have and use both, depending on the game system they're playing.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:20 pm

FG is certainly more stable at this point, though stability will hopefully be greatly improved by the official release of Battlegrounds.

Personally I like the features, interface, and potential of Battlegrounds, though I haven't really looked at FG much.

Both battlegrounds and FG have been designed with online play in mind though, so as heruca said, it's really a matter of personal preference in the long run.

GMBazUK
Captain

Post by GMBazUK » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:40 am

I have used both... (did someone already say that), and would say, unless your pretty much xml savy, then BG is for you.

Any system that is not D20 generic, should really be xml scripted for FG to strut its funky thang.

You can download a free demo of both, so...

Baz.
As Einstein once said... did you let the cat out Mileva?