The CSUAC is back!

Share your favorite RPG-related and wargame-related links with the Battlegrounds community
heruca
Developer

The CSUAC is back!

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:39 pm

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_p ... p?TID=9050

For those who don't know what the CSUAC is, it's a massive collection of top-down art collected from the Dundjinni User Forums. It's pre-sorted into categories for you, and the collection is the single greatest BRPG-compatible art resource you can get in just a few downloads.

The CSUAC files have been unavailable for months due to the GM's Parlor site moving to a new server, but the files are finally available again. I highly suggest you snag these archives if you haven't already.

Cecil Solomon, of the GM Syndicate website (http://www.gamemastersyndicate.com/), is the person responsible for creating the CSUAC. He also runs the GM's Parlor website (http://www.gmsparlor.com/).
Last edited by heruca on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Sigh. The GM's Parlor is down again, and thus, so are the CSUAC archives. :(

The GM Syndicate site is down, too, and I believe it is run off the same server. I hope they can get all this squared away soon.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:21 pm

There are quite some changes going on within GMS ... have patience :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Sorry to say, the GM Syndicate site has shut down forever. :(

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_p ... 9971&TPN=2

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:13 pm

I just saw that post ... sad news indeed :cry:

WyvernSting
Sergeant

Post by WyvernSting » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Does anyone have a copy of the image database? I sure would love to start off with more than what I've got.

Thanks!

WS

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:55 pm

Here's a link to the CSUAC archives' new home:
The GM's Apprentice

Edit: I believe BRPG users would be best served by downloading the DJ-compatible baseline archives, rather than the FM8 or CC3 archives. Someone who's familiar with all the formats can correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by heruca on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WyvernSting
Sergeant

Post by WyvernSting » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:58 pm

heruca wrote:Here's a link to the CSUAC archives' new home:
The GM's Apprentice
Unfortunately "404 - Article #47 not found" is the error I get when I try to hit the link you provided.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Hmm, I guess accessing that page is limited to people who have registered and logged in. Go here instead and sign up.

WyvernSting
Sergeant

Post by WyvernSting » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 pm

After registering on their site, the original link works great. Thanks again!

Sir Clarence
Cannon Fodder

Post by Sir Clarence » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:09 am

Greetings, new member here!

Can anybody tell me why I'm unable to register at the GMs Apprentice site? I came to that link in search of CSUAC downloads and they prompted me to register, but somehow it doesn't work, neither with Firefox nor IE Explorer.

Thanks for your help!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:32 am

Welcome, Sir Clarence.

Did you never get a registration confirmation email? Sometimes people don't get them because of spam filters on their end.

Or perhaps there's a manual approval process to prevent spambot registrations, in which case you may have to wait until Cecil approves & activates your account.

Sir Clarence
Cannon Fodder

Post by Sir Clarence » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:58 am

The problem is that the site doesn't seem to function properly. Hitting the registration button after filling out the form doesn't work. Nothing at all happens. As I said, I tried this with different browsers and even turned off my firewall, but to no avail. I was also looking for some link to contact the site owners directly but couldn't find anything.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:43 pm

I've un-stickied this thread, since the CSUAC files are no longer available for download.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:13 am

Well, waddayaknow? The CSUAC is back, yet again! :D

The various baseline files are available for download from here.
It appears that Elric, the owner of the site, has received permission from Cecil to host the files on his site.

I have "re-stickied" this thread.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Is there another mirror of these files anywhere?

I've downloaded the whole bunch and found a problem with all of the archives, potentially corrupt. When I try to unzip them, I get "Error 0x80004005 unspecified error", using the built in decompression from Windows 7.

Can anyone else verify this problem, or is it just me? (i.e. a problem with my computer).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:32 pm

If you downloaded the files from the site I linked to in my prior post, I suggest you contact Elric and see if he's heard of other users having this problem.

Geroblue
Soldier

Post by Geroblue » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:53 pm

heruca wrote:Well, waddayaknow? The CSUAC is back, yet again! :D

The various baseline files are available for download from here.
It appears that Elric, the owner of the site, has received permission from Cecil to host the files on his site.

I have "re-stickied" this thread.
This link, Feb 22, 2012, leads to a page asking 'is this your domain ?'. Looks like they are having problems.

(edited, typo)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Welcome, Geroblue.

The CSUAC files can now be found here.