iTabletop

Share your favorite RPG-related and wargame-related links with the Battlegrounds community
Nerfed2Hell
Sergeant

Post by Nerfed2Hell » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:09 pm

I'll wait til they're further along in development. They probably don't have answers for all of my questions right now (specifically the cost ones). I was more or less pondering out loud... I still like heruca's set up better. 8)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 am

iTabletop is now out of beta, and the website has been completely redone.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:15 pm

I don't like product sites where pricing is hard to find.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:04 am

I think iTabletop just became a pyramid scheme. :roll:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 pm

heruca wrote:I think iTabletop just became a pyramid scheme. :roll:
Whaaaaa??? Weird and shady as hell.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

devinnight
Sergeant

Post by devinnight » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:08 am

They are back-peddling now and for good reason, the whole email made me feel unwashed.. I'm thinking that there was a lot fo backlash from this idea.

tenkar
Soldier

Post by tenkar » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:12 pm

there was a LARGE amount of discussion on the lifetime forums (what can I say, I had money burning a hole in my pocket at the time). the reaction was immediate and universally negative to the idea.

not sure how much happier i am with the 5/4/3/2 years at $99 (the amount of years membership drops with each week you wait)

it looks very promising. I just hope it doesn't suffer from "all cash up front and nothing down the line", which could be a very large problem with a subscription based model.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:05 am

Did anyone notice this image in iTabletop's promotional emails? The hex base looks suspiciously like a hex base in BRPG, complete with partial transparency, bevel effects, and a facing line. I'm left wondering why they didn't bother facing the token the same way as the facing indicator.

As for the token itself, I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's one of Devinnight's tokens from FUM. I wonder if they asked his permission to use his image.
Attachments
NewsletterHeader.jpg
NewsletterHeader.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 3778 times

Spyke
Captain

Post by Spyke » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:22 am

heruca wrote:Did anyone notice this image in iTabletop's promotional emails? The hex base looks suspiciously like a hex base in BRPG, complete with partial transparency, bevel effects, and a facing line. I'm left wondering why they didn't bother facing the token the same way as the facing indicator.
I'm also a Lifetime subscriber (I do love to support the VT sector!). I think the token base is a coincidence, or rather a case of user suggestions leading to parallel results. The developer claims to have deliberately avoided reviewing the competing VTs to try to make iTT distinct.

The image is a still from a progress video from an earlier phase of the alpha development, and not a mock-up. The facing issue was fixed soon after that.

Spyke