FLASH ANIMATIONS

Share your favorite RPG-related and wargame-related links with the Battlegrounds community
cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Heres one door with no shadows:
http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts ... 02&KW=door

Heres a more plain door with no shadows:
http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts ... 30&KW=door

Good luck Omni and thanks Heruca for the tips.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 am

cyderak wrote:Heres one door with no shadows:
http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts ... 02&KW=door

Heres a more plain door with no shadows:
http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts ... 30&KW=door

Good luck Omni and thanks Heruca for the tips.
For single doors, it doesn't really matter if it has shadows or not. It was only a problem with double doors, since dividing them would also divide the shadow.

BTW I notice that despite heruca claiming how easy it was to remove drop shadows, he didn't bother to do it himself. :lol: :P
But yeah I'll take a look at that trick later. I usually use Fireworks myself since I prefer its interface, but I haven't done much graphic editing.

Either way, those latest doors are fine for animating and I'm currently downloading the latest version of BRPG to test em with.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Okay, the test version is attached below.

Unzip it and put it somewhere in your BRPG Objects folder (and load it as an object).

If you SHIFT+LeftClick on it, it will rotate 90 degrees open. Another SHIFT+LeftClick will close it.
If you CTRL+LeftClick on it, it will will free rotate until you release the CTRL key.

Keep in mind that the current state of the door will NOT be transmitted to other players, so they will still have to open/close it themselves.

Additionally, anything that causes the image to be reloaded, such as closing BRPG or switching encounters, will cause the rotation to reset to default. Flash variables cannot currently be saved when saving encounters.

If you decide that you like it, I can create other versions and add more features. Also, if you want to change the hotkeys to something else, just tell me.
Attachments
ScriptedDoor1.zip
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Just tried it out. It seems the Flash object is trapping some (but not all) keyboard input, and BRPG never gets some keypresses. For example, I couldn't toggle snap-to-grid with the [X] hotkey if the Flash door was on the map, but I could (sorta) toggle the grid overlay with the [G] hotkey (the command was issued twice, so it hid the grid, then showed it again, all with a single keypress).

If there is supposed to be a sound effect for opening or closing the door, I never heard it.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:47 pm

Maybe the two geniouses that you guys are, you can figure out the sound and programming problems........ I'll test it out and let you know how it works.

Maybe the next step, once the bugs are worked out, is to have different versions of the same door that would present different Trap frames in the animation. Food for thought.

So excited. Gonna try it out tonight.

You guys rock.

Later.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:30 am

heruca wrote:Just tried it out. It seems the Flash object is trapping some (but not all) keyboard input, and BRPG never gets some keypresses. For example, I couldn't toggle snap-to-grid with the [X] hotkey if the Flash door was on the map, but I could (sorta) toggle the grid overlay with the [G] hotkey (the command was issued twice, so it hid the grid, then showed it again, all with a single keypress).
I mentioned that issue with Flash keyboard event listeners in our Flash discussions ages back. I have no way to control that via Flash. It clearly is some issue with Director or the way you set up the Director event listeners.
heruca wrote:If there is supposed to be a sound effect for opening or closing the door, I never heard it.
Haven't added that yet. As I said, this was a test version - I'll add more features if he likes the way it is set up now.

BTW, should the sound only play when using the shift+click method? or also when starting the free-rotate? or perhaps after finishing the free-rotate?

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:29 pm

When it comes to the door sound just think how a run-of-the-mill door makes a sound and mirror that.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Tried out the door.

It freakin rocks.

Is it able to be saved as an encounter?

I made a Fireplace animation. Very crude but it works.

Maybe when you finish with the door you could polish it up for me?
It doesn't have to be interactive abviously so it should be way more simple.

Theres a couple of animations I want to make for the INN and maybe in the future for dungeons to make it a more emmersive experience for the players.

Once again, thanks Omni & Heruca for helping me out.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:43 pm

cyderak wrote:Is it able to be saved as an encounter?
You can save it in an Encounter. You can also select just the door and save it out to a Deployment, so that you can easily add it to any future Encounter using the "Load Deployment" or "Load Deployment here..." commands.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:20 pm

heruca wrote:
cyderak wrote:Is it able to be saved as an encounter?
You can save it in an Encounter. You can also select just the door and save it out to a Deployment, so that you can easily add it to any future Encounter using the "Load Deployment" or "Load Deployment here..." commands.
But just remember, the current open/closed state of the door will not be saved (yet). You'll have to reopen any open doors every time you reload the encounter.

Just got back from a short trip. I'll look into finishing the door and maybe creating a few other versions when I get the chance. Feel free to link me to more door graphics. It's easy to create variants with other graphics, since it's just a matter of swapping out the images.

And you're welcome to post the .FLA or other media you used for the fireplace.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:46 am

These images may have those shadows. if you can ask heruca how to remove them he'd probably know.

Heres the links:
DOOR = http://greytale.com/joomla/index.php?op ... ey=9&hit=1

DOUBLE DOOR = http://greytale.com/joomla/index.php?op ... ey=3&hit=1

LIONS HEAD DOUBLE DOOR = http://www.dunjinni.com/forums/forum_po ... PN=1&TPN=2

THIS FIREPLACE = http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_p ... =fireplace

Heres the images of a bartender and different bars to use. [/img]
http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_p ... 513&KW=bar

I'll also attach female sprites that might work as waitresses.
Attachments
okuni_walk.gif
waitress
okuni_walk.gif (8.98 KiB) Viewed 7919 times
kurenai_walk.gif
Waitress
kurenai_walk.gif (6.75 KiB) Viewed 7918 times
Bar.png
Fancy Bar
Bar.png (348.77 KiB) Viewed 7935 times
A Bartender.jpg
Bartender
A Bartender.jpg (2.83 KiB) Viewed 7919 times

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Hey Omni.

I found this Diablo Shrine animation.

Can you make it interactive so when it is clicked it is activated?
Attachments
kreuz211.gif
Diablo Shrine
kreuz211.gif (28.33 KiB) Viewed 7906 times

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:24 am

cyderak wrote:Hey Omni.

I found this Diablo Shrine animation.

Can you make it interactive so when it is clicked it is activated?
Do you want it to loop (like in the gif) or just play once?

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Just once is cool. Triggered trap.

Thanks Omni.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:09 am

SHIFT or CTRL click to start it.
SHIFT or CTRL click again to reset it.
Let me know if you need something changed.
Attachments
DemonGate.zip
(28.72 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks Omni

Very Cool.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am

Updated doors!

¢ Sounds Effects - Open, Close, and Squeak sounds added. Personally I feel the sound effects you provided are rather low quality and don't really match the doors very well, but I can easily replace them if you find something better. Also, if you find the squeak sound annoying, I can remove it. Since you didn't specify otherwise, I set it to play whenever you start a free rotation.

¢ Flipped version included - I could've added a function to flip the doors dynamically, but figured you wouldn't want to redo it every time you loaded your encounter.

¢ Rotation indicator text - While using the free rotate feature, it will now display the current degrees of rotation. (Negative values mean you have rotated the door backwards / against the hinge). This should help you tell your players how far to rotate their doors for some added consistency between clients.

¢ Wooden door included - I created a version using the single wooden door at greytale.com

By the way, verify that the metal door is rotating in the correct direction. I used the rotation guide for it that was on the dunjinni forums, but it doesn't look right to me.
Normally you pull on door handles - not push. I can swap them around for you if they aren't correct.
Attachments
Cyderak_Doors.zip
(111.5 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:29 am

Tried these out yet Cyderak?