Mounted Figures

Zinkala
Sergeant

Mounted Figures

Post by Zinkala » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi everybody. I'm not very active here but I've been trying to set up a scenario for BFRPG that would work for playing mini games similar to Warhammer. My rules of choice are Armies of Arcana but what I'm working on could easily be adapted to things like Warhammer or others.

I've been searching different places looking for tokens to use for two different armies. I've kind of decided on elves and goblins/orcs to be the armies I'll use at first because there are lots of nice things available for infantry choices. But I'm a bit stuck on what to use for cavalry. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some mounted tokens?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:43 pm

There are some mounted knights available on the DJ forums, but they're not great. Try searching the forums for the word "joust".

Steel Rat has some mounted Samurai on rpgmapshare.com.

Alynnalizza did a couple of mounted figures. Not sure if they're on his site, or on the DJ forums.

The next set of top-down tokens that Arion Games will be producing will probably be Romans. Since their Western Token set came with mounted versions of some of the figures, I'd expect the same treatment with the Roman tokens.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Zinkala
Sergeant

Post by Zinkala » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Thansk Heruca. For the time being if I can find a handful of different types I can proxy them. Been doing it for years with real minis :D The only thing I have now that's suitable is a unicorn. I'll keep my eyes out for the Arion tokens. Romans(under a different name) are a possible race in our world.