Latest Site Updates

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Latest Site Updates

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:42 pm

Uploaded several avatar collections. If you don't have an avatar yet, you might want to browse the avatar gallery and chose one for yourself. You'll find a button for doing this on your Profile page.

Added a custom logo for the forum header. Clicking on it now takes you back to the main site.

Also added a custom icon for the site, which appears in your browser's URL field.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:46 pm

Nice selection of Avatars. I uploaded my own. Always liked that function in a forum. Looks much better to have your own logo up there too.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:53 pm

I'll eventually want to add more Sci-Fi and Modern themed avatars. I figure if the software isn't genre-specific, why should the Forum be? :)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:21 am

Excellent idea Heruca ... :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:05 pm

Changed the forum permissions for the User Creations section of the forums. Only registered forum users will be able to access the content posted there.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:41 pm

Added a custom icon for the forum, which appears in your browser's URL field.

heruca
Developer

Finally figured it out!

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Changed the background color of the text input fields (the ones you see when composing a post) to white.

Previously, the black cursor was invisible over the black background.

dDemonicAngels
Soldier

Post by dDemonicAngels » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:58 pm

heruca, It's thanksgiving. You should be enjoying your day off, not working. You're not married, are you... :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:05 pm

LOL! Actually, I AM married, but I have a very understanding wife. Also, since I'm not living in the US anymore, we're not celebrating Thanksgiving.

And since we're on the subject...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

heruca
Developer

At last!

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:02 am

Google and MSN searches now find this site!

::does happy dance::

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:40 pm

:roll:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:44 am

Added several more links to the "Links & Resources" page. Check them out. Some you probably haven't seen before.

Steel Rat
General

Post by Steel Rat » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:23 am

heruca wrote:Added several more links to the "Links & Resources" page. Check them out. Some you probably haven't seen before.
Are there just the three?
Steel Rat
Infinite Ordnance: Military RPG supplements
RPGMapShare.com - Free map and mapping object repository.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:29 am

Six, actually. The last 3 Roleplaying Aids, and the last 3 Virtual Tabletops.

Steel Rat
General

Post by Steel Rat » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:31 am

I only see three topics there, mine, the one for Plothook, and the one for Action! System.
Steel Rat

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:34 am

No, no! They're in the "Links & Resources" page of the main Battlegrounds site, not the links thread in this forum (that's for user-supplied links). Sorry, I should have made that clear.

Steel Rat
General

Post by Steel Rat » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:37 am

Doh! ok, my bad.
Steel Rat

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:40 am

And I just realized that I've named both places identically. That's bound to confuse people. I'll fix it tomorrow.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:48 am

Just a heads up: I'll be posting more screenshots on Sunday, this time focusing on the User Interface. The're not exactly what will be in the final version, but they should suffice to give people an idea of how the program works.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:03 am

Cool, looking forward to them 8)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:56 am

OK, the new screenshots are posted! Click on the yellow link on the Screenshots page.

Please post your feedback in the "Submit Feedback" thread. Best to put all the feedback for these screenshots in one thread, rather than making a thread for each panel you wish to discuss.

Enjoy!

Emryys
Sergeant

Post by Emryys » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:48 pm

and the last 3 Virtual Tabletops...
There is one more but, it isn't supported by the company anymore...

GRiP Virtual Tabletop

It's what I use at the moment because of it's generic abilities.
I am interested in Battlegrounds as I play non-d20 RPG's, and would like a program that I can switch between say Cthulhu, Traveller and GURPS.
A question about the licensing...can the "GM" buy extra player licenses to give out to players at a session for those who lack one?
Klooge has this but is quite expensive and GRiP's player client is free.

Bookmarked this site :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:44 pm

Welcome, Emryys.

Thanks for the link. I was aware of GRiP, but forgot to include it on my list (will now do so shortly). Wow, it's hard to believe that there's at least 12 of these virtual tabletops out there!

As for GRiP not being supported by the company anymore, I think that may also be the case with some of the ones I posted, too.

Regarding your licensing questions, I'll direct you to this thread:
http://battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9

The Demo is actually the full software, that will become the GM Client or the Player Client when the correct unlock code is entered. Saves you from having to re-download the whole thing again.

The GM Client can include a number of floating Player Client licenses (more can be added post-purchase, if needed). Each of these floating licenses allows one person to connect using just the free Demo. If a licensed Player Client joins a game, that won't use up a floating license, of course. There's never a danger that a player will make off with your floating license, as it's stored within your GM Client, not transferred to the player.

It occurred to me that being able to permanently transfer a player license might be a desireable feature. A GM's trusted core players would get to try BRPG out for free (to them), and if they decide they like it, they just reimburse the GM for his expense and have the license transferred permanently. The GM would lose one floating license from his GM Client, and the player's Demo gets upgraded to a Player Client. It would also be a built-in mechanism for gifting (is that a real word?).
Last edited by heruca on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:07 pm

It's both a real word and a brilliant idea!

heruca
Developer

New Battlegrounds Games/BRPG Banner Ad

Post by heruca » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:56 pm

Check it out on the main site's "Links & Resources" page. It's at the bottom. Some of you may get a good chuckle out of it, if you know what it's originally based on.

Please post any feedback in this thread.

I also just added several more Links, which you might want to check out while you're there.

Edit: Posted the banner here, for convenience.

Last edited by heruca on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.