Latest Site Updates

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu May 12, 2011 9:56 pm

The entire BG website received an overhaul today, to add a section that covers the soon-to-be-released Battlegrounds Gaming Engine (BGE) virtual tabletop program.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue May 17, 2011 2:26 pm

I just deleted about 20-25 spambot accounts, and banned a bunch of IP addresses to prevent them from registering again.

So much for getting close to 2000 registered forum users. :roll:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm

I added a new animated GIF to this BGE page. I hope it gives a sense of the various types of games that BGE can be used to play.

cyberunner8
Captain

BGE Looks Exciting!!

Post by cyberunner8 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Like the Gif, It showcases BGE nicely!
-cyberunner ;)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 pm

I added a "QuickStart Guide for BGE" PDF to the Downloads page. It should help new BGE users get up-to-speed with the software quickly.

BGE game hosts may wish to email this PDF to players they have invited to participate in their games, if they have never used BGE before.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 pm

I've added a few more entries over the last couple of days to the list of non-rpg-oriented virtual tabletop software.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 am

I've updated the list of Mapping apps and Virtual Tabletop apps on the Links & Resources page.

Specifically, I added Ortelius to the list of Mapping apps, and 3DVT and MyRPG to the list of VT apps.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Added one more VT that I came across today: Virtual Deck.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm

I updated a couple of the pictures (#18 and #19) on the second BRPG Screenshots page.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:28 pm

I've (finally!) added a Testimonials page to the main website.

Hopefully, this is just a starting point to build on over time, and more users will submit their own testimonials about BRPG and BGE.

Personally, I think there should be more quotes about the software itself and less about the service/support stuff, but my selection was limited to the quotes I had on file. So please, send more testimonials.

Note: If you submit one, please mention how it should be "signed" (with your forum username, real name, initials, etc.).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm

I added a new section to the Links & Resources page, devoted to boardgaming sites. Check it out.

heruca
Developer

Re: Latest Site Updates

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:35 am

My new favorite page on the revised Battlegrounds website:
http://battlegroundsgames.com/product-gallery/

rab46
Captain

Post by rab46 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:14 pm

The download pages look great!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:57 am

Thanks. I hope it helps to make it more evident to potential customers that there are up to 33 really nice freebies available for the software, which should go a long way towards offsetting the cost of the software license/s. Actually, there are many more, but the rest can be found on the BG forums.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 am

For those who aren't keeping an eye on the "News & Updates" page...

I've released a “cinematic-style” teaser trailer intended to help promote BRPG. Check it out here. Then I’d appreciate it if you would help me get the word out by sharing the link on your social media feeds.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:47 pm

heruca wrote:I've released a “cinematic-style” teaser trailer intended to help promote BRPG. Check it out here. Then I’d appreciate it if you would help me get the word out by sharing the link on your social media feeds.
The frame transition effects combined with the short duration of each frame make it impossible to read the text much less admire the screenshots. Definitely need to slow it down / make it longer.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:41 pm

Two problems with that:

1) I wanted to keep it to around a minute in length.

2) It's all edited to the beat of the music, which I've already paid the license for, and it would be a tremendous effort to re-time the whole thing.

I realize most people will miss some of the content, but it's easy enough and short enough to watch a second time, if needed.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:55 am

heruca wrote:Two problems with that:

1) I wanted to keep it to around a minute in length.

2) It's all edited to the beat of the music, which I've already paid the license for, and it would be a tremendous effort to re-time the whole thing.

I realize most people will miss some of the content, but it's easy enough and short enough to watch a second time, if needed.
Well, even watching it a dozen times I'd have a hard time absorbing any information from it if I was new to BG.