Battlegrounds is now free for a limited time!

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Battlegrounds is now free for a limited time!

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:10 pm

Until March 26, Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is now free for everyone to try. The free Demo's 45 minute timeout period and other restrictions have been lifted until iCon is over. Essentially, anyone with the free Demo or a Player Client gets temporarily upgraded to a full GM Client. An internet connection and v1.0.6a of the software is necessary to obtain this temporary upgrade.

I hope a lot of people take advantage of this opportunity to aquaint themselves with the software.
Last edited by heruca on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:26 pm

This is a great promotional move.

:)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Hopefully this promo benefits iCon, too.

Unfortunately, this also means I probably won't have any more sales until the promo is over. And this at a time when BRPG sales have already slacked off to worse than ever since the product launched (even though the software is now MUCH better than v1.0 was).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Hopefully, it'll be short term pain for long term gain.

Sylvar
Cannon Fodder

Good luck!

Post by Sylvar » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Best of luck with the new version. Sounds like the enhancements will really improve the playability, and the ability to resume play.

Hope the sales pick up for you, too.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:32 pm

Thanks, Sylvar.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:38 am

Until January 25th, 2008, Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is free for everyone to try. The free Demo's 45 minute timeout period and other restrictions have been temporarily lifted. Essentially, anyone with the free Demo or a Player Client gets temporarily upgraded to a full GM Client. An internet connection is necessary to obtain this temporary license upgrade.

I hope a lot of people take advantage of this opportunity to aquaint themselves with the software.

Since I will be away on travel, I ask that you please help make others aware of this promotion by posting on RPG-related forums or otherwise spreading the word.

This will be the last "free promo period" until iCon 2008, a virtual tabletop gaming convention to be held in March. Visit http://www.iconvention.org for more details.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Until March 30th 2008, Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is free for everyone to try. The free Demo's 45-minute timeout period and other restrictions have been lifted until iCon 08 is over. Essentially, anyone with the free Demo or a Player Client gets temporarily upgraded to a full GM Client. An internet connection is necessary to obtain this temporary upgrade.

Anyone that's been "on the fence" about adopting BRPG because they would first like to hold full-on, no-limitations game sessions with their friends can now do so. I hope a lot of people take advantage of this opportunity to aquaint themselves with the software.

Sidenote:
Since the two free sample adventures normally can't be used properly without a licensed GM Client due to the "12 units max" limitation of the free Demo, this would be a good time for anyone curious about the sample adventures to try them out. You can find them here.