Free Use Promo

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Free Use Promo

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:44 am

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is free for anyone to use from August 7th until August 16, 2008.

BRPG Player Clients and free Demos are temporarily considered to be licensed GM Clients during this time. The free Demo's 45 minute timeout period and other restrictions have been temporarily lifted. An internet connection is required for this temporary upgrade.

Anyone that's been "on the fence" about adopting BRPG because they would first like to hold full-on, no-limitations game sessions with their friends can now do so. I hope a lot of people take advantage of this opportunity to acquaint themselves with the software.
Last edited by heruca on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is free for anyone to use from now until midnight, November 22, 2008, in support of GURPS Online Day.

BRPG Player Clients and free Demos are temporarily considered to be licensed GM Clients during this time. The free Demo's 45 minute timeout period and other restrictions have been temporarily lifted. An internet connection is required for this temporary upgrade.

Now would be a good time to try out the recently-updated free sample adventures, if you've previously been limited by the 12 units max. limitation on the free Demo or the Player Client.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

duniagdra daamyour
Cannon Fodder

Can there be another Promo Period?

Post by duniagdra daamyour » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:12 pm

We're really interested in the versatility and power of this non-system specific system you've designed. We were trying to test it out last night, but I'm thinking we had trouble because ALL of us had the demo version and none of use had a GM floating license version.

Myself and another have been scouring your forum for every crumb of information that can better have us prepared to give this a proper test run. I'm feeling that the combined power of TOS and Battlegrounds could make online gaming a whole new experience.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Welcome, duniagdra daamyour.

What kind of trouble did you have, other than having to relaunch BRPG after 45 minutes and not being able to place more than 12 units on a map? The Demo is otherwise pretty full-featured; it has to be if people are to use it to evaluate the program. Let me know if there's anything specific I can help with.

There will probably be another Free Use Promo in late December/early January.

duniagdra daamyour
Cannon Fodder

Post by duniagdra daamyour » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:08 pm

We weren't able to move characters and couldn't figure how to load them. As I read through the user guide it seemed the only thing we were missing was licenses. Unless, were we supposed to create character tokens, or are tokens available in Battlegrounds? The person who hosted the trial session tried adding figures to the map, but we didn't see them. I was thinking this was because none of us had a license. From your response though, I guess I'm mistaken and we just experienced newbie error.

The manual says I can have one copy as is and make another copy as a player type on the same machine. I'm going to give that a try and see what I can learn. I've just downloaded version 1.3e so I'll try with that. Great job on a sweet project.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:11 pm

I think I know what happened. When units are deployed on a map, they default to Hidden. The GM needs to un-hide them (with the [H] hotkey) for the players to be able to see them.

If the GM wants the players to be able to move their figures, he also needs to give them ownership of the unit.

duniagdra daamyour
Cannon Fodder

Post by duniagdra daamyour » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:52 am

heruca wrote:I think I know what happened. When units are deployed on a map, they default to Hidden. The GM needs to un-hide them (with the [H] hotkey) for the players to be able to see them.

If the GM wants the players to be able to move their figures, he also needs to give them ownership of the unit.
Yeah, as I've been reading the manual and forums I'm thinking that was our problem - newbie error. :lol: Thanks for your attention.