BRPG to be used at CyberCon 2006!

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

BRPG to be used at CyberCon 2006!

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:24 pm

See the Battlegrounds home page for the Special Announcement.

I think this is really going to drive more traffic to this site next week (or sooner). It's great for extra exposure, especially since BRPG is "the new guy in town". And I'm especially hoping that it impresses people who get the chance to try out several of the competing VT products during the Con.
Last edited by heruca on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:41 pm

Nice! A very timely outcome. Lets hope it brings a few punters to your shop door...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:03 pm

Very timely, indeed. It's also nice just to be included with "the big boys".

By the way, I added a bit of info to the Special Announcement (explaining what CyberCon is and who the sponsors are).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:36 am

Very cool Heruca ... :D

This will be very good for business :wink:

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:34 am

Hi there,
I really like the battlegrounds software and I really like your passion for the software, so I am going to get it here soon and will try to run a game for it during Cybercon.
Im a casual Openrpg player and think its great but it lacks alot, being freeware after all. So I am looking to step up with my online gaming software.

Just wondering about online play-if I load a DJ map, my players dont need the DJ software because their client is basically opening an image file, correct?

I am also interested in the wargaming expansion, I hope the price will be reasonable.

MFM
--I must feed

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:50 am

Welcome, Mind Flayer Monk.
Mind Flayer Monk wrote:I am going to get it here soon and will try to run a game for it during Cybercon.
Excellent!
Just wondering about online play-if I load a DJ map, my players dont need the DJ software because their client is basically opening an image file, correct?
That's correct, you players won't need DJ at all. Just export your map from DJ as a BMP or JPG. JPG is smaller, so it'll transfer faster, and if you have a graphics app, you might even be able to squeeze the filesize down further without any noticeable loss of image quality.
I am also interested in the wargaming expansion, I hope the price will be reasonable.
Nice to hear. I think you're the first to express any interest in the wargaming version. That was starting to worry me.

I don't know what the price (or the exact featureset) of BW will be yet, but I think I can safely say that if you like how BRPG's price compares to its competition, you'll also like how BW's price compares to similar wargaming tools.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:55 am

I just got my (virtual) exhibitor booth all set up for CyberCon IV. You can see it at http://www.rpge.com/cybercon/hall/exhibitors.php (you don't need to be registered to see it).

EDIT: I'm also donating a prize to CyberCon that will be awarded to a game event winner. The prize is a GM Client with two floating client licences (a value of $55.85). Maybe one of you can win it...? To date, it's the juiciest prize offered of all the vendors.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:15 am

Don't you mean "maybe one of you AMERICAN PEOPLE can win it..."? :roll:
Assuming it is something you can win by attending CyberCon IV :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:21 am

What makes you say that? Is there some rule at CyberCon that says only Americans can win a prize?

You are aware that this is a VIRTUAL convention, right? You don't need to physically be there. It's all done online.
Last edited by heruca on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 am

Oops, just realized it's a virtual conference ... you can attend whereever you are :D

heruca
Developer

Call for volunteers

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:31 pm

I would like to get some users to volunteer to GM some games for CyberCon IV. GMs get into the Con for free. I'm tempted to do so myself, but I'll be too busy developing the app to try to come up with a compelling adventure.

I can perhaps help by teaching CyberCon GMs how to use the software, especially in regards to preparing adventures, in the days prior to the event.

I believe Mind Flayer Monk has expressed interest in this. Anyone else?

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:48 am

I am interested in running a game at Cybercon-I've actually been putting a few things together over the last few weeks.
Right now I am looking at running an Eberron adventure for a little variety at Cybercon. I think I am going to run the same adventure twice so I can tweak it and try to improve it over the con.

I've already registered for Cybercon-so I shouldnt have any trouble g.
So maybe some of you other forumers can join my game. I will try and get my event set up with Cybercon next week. I am actually heading to a convention-Conquest Los Angeles over the weekend. I will be running a pickup Eberron game over there if anyone wants to play :)

I am also digging around the local library trying to find some interesting mood music (I think BG allowing you to play music is going to be great for my online game). If anyone has some interesting suggestions for music-something kind of dark and sinister-let me know.

I was strangely also thinking of experimenting with an all Jazz based score-kind of like Cowboy bebop or Lalo Scheffrin (Bullit)

MFM
--I must feed

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:02 am

I think user Scott G was interested in running a game as well.
--I must feed

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:13 am

MFM, you might want to set up your CyberCon event before you leave for Conquest, as people are starting to register for games already.

If you do decide to use music in your games, you might want to make sure all your players have broadband connections. The soundtrack for "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" might have something useful on it.

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:38 am

I'd love to run something, but I'm going to be out of town... :cry:

I'd be happy to help out folks that are running (making maps, etc.).
<>< ;^)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:29 am

Here's the current schedule of games for CyberCon:
http://www.rpge.com/cybercon/games/games.php

Unfortunately, there are still no BRPG games being run. :(

Scott G, are you still interested in GMing a game?

Mind Flayer Monk, are you back from ConQuest, yet?

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:04 am

I sent a message to Cybercon last week but havent heard a response yet. I will follow up some more during the week.
--I must feed

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:47 am

Thanks, MFM.

I'm considering hosting a Demo Session at CyberCon (if they'll let me), for anyone that wants to learn about BRPG. Perhaps over Skype. I would basically do an overview of the program's features, a Q & A session, etc.

In fact, I'll probably do that on my own, as well, once the final Demo is released.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:52 pm

I've updated my CyberCon virtual booth with some important information that CyberCon GMs who plan to use BRPG should read:

http://www.rpge.com/cybercon/hall/exhib ... oothid=104

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Mind Flayer Monk wrote:I sent a message to Cybercon last week but havent heard a response yet. I will follow up some more during the week.
I just got an e-mail from the person organizing CyberCon. He said: "I've added everyone I think replied to us with game data... maybe have
them contact us again."

Your game/event is still not listed, so I'd suggest writing in again.

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:19 am

Yep, I got a reply from them yesterday. I will be registering my game tonight and Im going to try for the 10am slot on Saturday.
I might do another game on Sunday with one of the more popular settings, like Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms.
I will have to start practicing for that.
Anyone have any spare maps they can let me use for the con?
I will build the adventure around the maps :) but an arctic or snow setting would be nice. Also a docks and a boat if anyone has one.

Thanks
MFM
--I must feed

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:26 am

I've got a ship you can use--the Sanjeeda over on the DJ forums.

The GM Syndicate web site has a free download for a Winter Cabin Scene. You'll find some folks that know a bit about that site lurking about on these forums... :wink:
<>< ;^)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:26 am

I just e-mailed you some snow maps. Hope they're useful. You might also want to download Kepli's Arctic art pack, if you don't have it already.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:27 am

Heh, part of what I e-mailed him was that GMS freebie. :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:29 am

Erian, that's an excellent ship! Hadn't seen it before.