BRPG to be used at CyberCon 2006!

Other Battlegrounds Games news
erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:48 am

Thanks! It was my first real effort at making something nice with DJ. I'd like to go back and do it again with all the things I've learned on shadows, etc. I've got a monster of a ship--about 3 times the length of the Sanjeeda--that I've got framed out. It could be the setting for an entire adventure given it's size.
<>< ;^)

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:08 am

Thank you both.
Erian_7, that ship is great.
--I must feed

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:03 am

Y'all are giving me the itch to start back up my big ship! :lol:
<>< ;^)

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:51 pm

Erian not to take away from doing a big ship but what I liked most about your ship was the more realistic proportions of state rooms and the shape/size of the hull. Some of the fancy large ships people imagine are just too big and wouldn't float or turn.

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:15 pm

Yep, that problem is what inspired me to start the first one and this big guy. I generally like maps to be as "real" as possible, whether it be ships, or castles (they're usually built for folks to live in and defend a region, not to confound random adventurers!), or wilderness settings. So I use real-life maps and floorplans as a starting point whenever possible.

I'm actually following the deck plans for the Royal Clipper, the largest sailing ship currently in use in the world. That's the approach I took with the Sanjeeda (also based on a real, current ship--I even created the wood texture for my DJ map based on the teak this one is built from) with some liberties, of course, taken to make it more "fantastic." The Royal Clipper is a 5-mast behemoth at nearly 440' that is currently taking up 3 full-size DJ maps, and I haven't even gotten all the decks framed out yet!

Once I get it done, I'll probably follow up with some other historical deck plans I've found--a Roman trireme and the original Enterprize (from whence the Star Trek vessels are named) and maybe the Star Clipper for a mid-size ship (360'). OF course, this is in the mix with my "tree house" project and assorted other things, so who knows when I'll get it all done. Need to focus...
<>< ;^)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:05 pm

Congratulations to Christopher Boyd, who won a copy of Battlegrounds RPG (GM Client) and two floating licenses for it, for participating in CyberCon IV.
The total retail value is $55.85, which seems to be the juiciest prize that was offered (in any category), according to this list:

http://www.rpge.com/cybercon/prizepool.php

Christopher will get his prize as soon as BRPG is released. And hopefully he'll be joining us on these forums.

On a side note, I hope that for the next CyberCon they will let me earmark the prize for someone who plays in a BRPG-run event (or GMs one). That would provide more of an incentive to try out BRPG.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

mrgrimm
Cannon Fodder

Post by mrgrimm » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:52 am

I would be the one that won the prize. I was considering buying the program anyways. So everything worked out. I'm real excited about winning this program. It seems to be exactly what I need.... hopefully.

I have several other online gaming programs. Some are too specialized and others are much more open, but tend to be much more complex as well. I want something I can adapt to any RPG with as little work as possible, since I tend to play mostly independent systems..

I look forward to many happy gaming sessions with this program.

Mr. Grimm

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:08 am

Welcome to the forums, mrgrimm.

(but why so grim? You won the prize! You should be mrhappy! :lol:)

Not too many people here seem to have experience with a number of VT packages, so I'd be curious to hear about the features that you like from the other programs, to ensure I don't leave any good stuff out of BRPG.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:40 am

Congrats Mr. Grimm,
Maybe we will meet each other in game once BGrounds is done.
What systems are you interested in? I'm interested in getting into some hero system gaming (especially pulp).

MFM
--I must feed

mrgrimm
Cannon Fodder

Post by mrgrimm » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 am

Thanks. I am always Grimm, moreso without the medication.

Ok here is a list of things I like. Short and quick.

Fantasy Grounds :
Fantasy Grounds has the BEST dice roll feature EVER. You actuall pick the dice up and throw them on the table. They roll around and react like real dice.

KloogeWerks :
Has the ability to work with any rule system, if you want to spend the time. There are MANY features in the program, but that is also it's curse

Screenmonkey :
Web based VT client. Integrates with FM7 well. Players don't need to buy the software only need a browser and any standards based browser works with it. but VERY basic in terms of game systems.

Roleplaying Master :
They just added net code for this and I haven't tried it yet, but I do own it.

That will do for now.