Kickstarter campaigns planned for Q2 2016

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Kickstarter campaigns planned for Q2 2016

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:57 pm

"Wait, is that a typo? Did he really say campaigns, as in... plural?"

Yep, I sure did. I am planning on running a series of three-week long mini-campaigns on Kickstarter.

"Cool. What for?"

Each campaign will be part of a Content Drive series, and will focus on a particular artist or content provider. The goal of all this is to make a boat-load of new third party artpacks for Battlegrounds. Map packs, tokens packs, perhaps even a new boardgame or two. Some commercial artpacks will get produced, which you'll be able to purchase a bit cheaper by pledging to the Kickstarter campaign/s that interest you the most. Kind of a pre-ordering system. Some campaigns (if funded) will also result in more free artpacks being released for the enjoyment of the entire Battlegrounds community, even non-backers.

"But what happens if a campaign doesn't get funded?"

In that case, I'll be a bit sad. But not too sad, because the project would most likely have been a commercial failure anyway, so I save a bunch of time and effort by not creating it in the first place. It's really a win-win situation.

Well, except for the artist that didn't get funded. He/she will probably be at home crying their eyes out.

"So why are you telling us this now? The campaigns aren't even running yet."

True, this is just a heads-up to let you know they are on the way, and that you need to start saving up for some great deals that are headed your way. There are some very talented artists teaming up with Battlegrounds, and I think some of the stuff they've created - or will create - will knock your socks off.

Oh, and as an added bonus, surplus funding of the campaigns (if there is any) will help support continued development of the Battlegrounds software.

"Awesome! Looking forward to it!"

I knew you would be. :D

And so am I.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Kickstarter campaigns planned for October 2015

Post by Omnidon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:35 am

Will any of the artwork be available DRM-free, or is it all in media bundle format?

heruca
Developer

Re: Kickstarter campaigns planned for October 2015

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 am

Some will be DRM free (PNG files). Most will be in Battlegrounds' artpack format, though (useable only in BRPG or BGE).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.