The future is assured

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

The future is assured

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:18 am

Adobe, the new owners of Macromedia Director (BRPG's development environment, in case some of you still don't know), have finally made public some of their plans for Director's future.

The good news is that they will not be abandoning Director (some had feared that they might kill off Director and just try to get some of it's capabilities into Flash). The next version of Director will be released in the first half of 2007. It will be renamed/rebranded Adobe Director.

They've yet to announce specific new features, but I would expect that at a minimum, Microsoft Vista OS and Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard) will be fully supported, and presumably Intel Macs. If we're lucky, maybe they'll finally add support for Linux, too (but I wouldn't hold my breath).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:41 am

:D :D :D
'bout time adobe said something. I'll have to look and see what they announced for Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Flash too.