SAGA:Dark Age

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!

SAGA:Dark Age

Postby RedSandman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this. I have a few questions about BGE or BRPG.

I was looking for a SAGA Dark Age template for either BGE or BRPG but couldn't find one. Has anybody produced anything for SAGA Dark Age ?

Also, if there isn't one, I am not sure which s/w package would be best to create one either BGE or BRPG?

SAGA Dark age is an immersive game of Viking Age skirmish level conflict between two or more Warlords. So it uses individual soldiers, grouped into small units, rather than large armies, over a board about 48" x 36".

Thanks for any replies.
RedSandman
Cannon Fodder

Re: SAGA:Dark Age

Postby heruca » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm

Welcome, RedSandman.

A quick forum search found nothing for SAGA Dark Age. I couldn't even find it on boardgamegeek.com or on rpggeek.com.

From what you describe, and what I saw on the publisher's website, I think either program would be well suited, but BGE is the more economical option.

Check out the features that will be coming to BGE v1.8, shown in this video, paying particular attention to the unit grouping section.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:13 pm

You might also want to pick up this Vikings token pack.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:35 pm

You can supposedly download the SAGA symbols for the game's custom dice from here. (forum registration required)

Or maybe these symbols will do. Or scan them from pg 72 of the SAGA rulebook.

Once you've got each die face as a stand-along image, it's a snap to make the custom dice in BGE (or BRPG).
heruca
Developer

Postby RedSandman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will give BGE a try and see what I can come up with.
RedSandman
Cannon Fodder

Return to Game Room