Group matchmaking

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
cliff
Sergeant

Group matchmaking

Post by cliff » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:13 am

So, I'm curious... traffic here on the matchmaking front is understandably a bit slow, whereas traffic on functionality, bug testing, and so forth is as hoppin' as would be expected sooo... where do folks go to do their matchmaking?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:06 am

I wish I knew. :roll:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:17 am

I suspect many folks are like me - they play with friends that they have known for years, but just happen to live some way away from right now.

"Pick-up" games with strangers always run the risk that you'll get the odd a-hole or misfit join in and spoil it. I don't think it's as common as many fear, but why take the risk if you don't have to?

The one area I think I might end up forming a game with folks I have never met is RPG chat fora - especially ones focussed on specific worlds or systems. The key here is to have the opportunity to get to know the guys somewhat before committing time and effort to a game that depends, as well as everything else, on their being mature, reliable, compatible and as committed to the game as I am.
Balesir

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Unfortunately, I've completely lost touch with my old gaming group and never really established a new gaming group that I could play virtually with. I've started to try to pull something together, though... it looks like penandpapergames.com is OK for finding folks... I've at least got 2 or 3 folks that are interested in a GURPS game.

MrBeGone
Cannon Fodder

Post by MrBeGone » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:43 am

Hello,

Im new to this whole virtual game system, but I would love to try it.

I have some friends (maybe 2-3) who seem interested as well, but they seem to be getting their stuff together much slower then I would like.

Im not sure what kind of game you are looking forward to playing, but I would be interested in a D&D 3.5 game. Im not the most experienced but I do enjoy playing. Plus I would really like to get some experience on battlegrounds system.

Let me know if you are in need of a body[/i]

illbixby
Soldier

Post by illbixby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Well said Balesir. I thought I was an a-hole for thinking I was afraid of jumping in a game with strangers for fear of the odd a-hole. Seems it's a common concern. I've been out of RPG tabletop for a real long time, and when I discovered the idea of online battlemats, I got excited and researched it like mad (Battleground wins in my opnion).

So now I'm in phase of enrolling my brother and few other buds (past rpg-ers as well) to "test" out the demo of battlesgrounds and the DnD 4e rules, which I know will get them hooked. It's the crack model: get him hooked on just a taste.

I'm looking to start a DnD 4e game, will look in forums.