D&D 4th Edition Open Game (4th of July Weekend)

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
nightwalker450
General

D&D 4th Edition Open Game (4th of July Weekend)

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm currently in the process of putting Keep on the Shadowfell into Battlegrounds. And maybe running it (or at least parts of it) sometime during the 4th of July weekend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday).

My motivations:
  • 4th Edition Roleplaying - My group is on a 3 week break, so need I need something to fill the time. So this will be a role-playing session, not a strictly Battlegrounds Demo.
  • Battlegrounds Promotion - I'd like a good 4E gaming community here, and maybe get some regular games going, but I'm not volunteering as primary GM (hopefully I do well enough with this).. I like playing too. :D As I said its not a strict Demo, but I will be happy to answer questions between Encounters regarding what I'm doing with Battlegrounds.
  • Battlegrounds Testing - Hopefully not bug testing, but larger projects like this help familiarize myself further and see how some features of the software work that I don't regularly use.
I have 5 floating licenses, so group size will be limited by that. Unless you have your own player (or GM) license, then group size would be limited to 7 players (I don't want to go beyond that for complexity sake).

Here's what I'm thinking currently. If you want to join in and are not overly familiar with Battlegrounds (ie want to test the program), you can use a Quick Start character. If you are familiar with battlegrounds, at least enough to handle your own dice macros then I'll take submissions as built in the Character Builder provided by WotC.

I'll post details on my group's webpage. But the primary communication in organizing this will be here, or you can Private Message me on here as well.

For those that have commented on my groups use of hexes with 4E, don't worry I will be running everything by actual rules and updates, not any house rules.
Last edited by nightwalker450 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Ok, I've cleared it with my significant other. And other than going to a parade sometime Satuday afternoon, and fireworks Saturday night, the rest of the weekend is clear.

So, is there any interest for anyone joining, and if so what times would work best?

As I said, this can be pretty simple from the player side, in that I have the quick start characters available for those that don't want the work of making their own. But if you do, feel free to submit your information from the character builder...

For those that want to try the Updated Hybrid, or the new Revenant Race, you can do so. Just note the changes that were necessary for you to do so (I recommend using kobold for Revenant at the moment). This is because I don't think the character builder will be updated until July 7th.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 pm

:( Oh well, was worth a try.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:42 pm

:(
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Danjo
Cannon Fodder

Post by Danjo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 am

I was looking for a 4e game all weekend, this was the one forum I didn't check!

Anyways, would you be up for doing something a time or two before your group gets back?

Just FYI- I've never actually played a round online and its been 10+ years since I last actually played tabletop. I spent all weekend reading up on the 4e players handbook so you'll have to bear with me a bit. As long as you're ok with that, I might even be able to round up 1 or 2 more guys who would be interested.

Let me know!

I'm on CST by the way

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Welcome, Danjo.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.