"Valkenburg Castle" Game Club

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
heruca
Developer

"Valkenburg Castle" Game Club

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:12 pm

I figured it would be handy for people who own this game to have a place to go to find players/opponents. Since this is the sort of game that requires players to know the rules ahead of time (unlike, say, the Aliens boardgame, where anyone can be taught the rules in a few minutes), knowing who knows the rules already will be a big help in finding people to play with.

Joining this "Game Club" is simple. Just post in this thread after reading the rulebook.

We can also use this thread to ask/answer rules questions, share custom rules and/or tokens, etc. Basically, anything relating to this game goes here, with the exception of Reviews, which should go in the Product Announcement thread, here.
Last edited by heruca on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Spyke
Captain

Post by Spyke » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:56 pm

I've just about read the manual, but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the game box to run. I'll start a separate thread for issues, to avoid cluttering up this one.

Spyke

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:38 pm

When you're first learning the rules, or playing for the first time, it can be a bit confusing to know what actions can be taken during your "Special Function Segment" of each game turn, so I've compiled this list which may be a useful reference.

Special Function Segment Actions
Close Door in Combat
Smash Door
Chop down door
Discard armor
Split or combine squads
Lockpicking attempt (on a locked chest or locked door)
Place explosives
Cast "ESP" spell
Cast "Smokescreen" spell
Cast "Pyrotechnics" spell
Cast "Beast Control" spell
Cast "Unlock Door" spell
Cast "Find Hidden Door" spell
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Today I was finally able to demo the Valkenburg Castle game conversion to Stephen Cole (the game's designer). I'm happy to say that he was thrilled with how well the digital conversion turned out. :D