Someone interested in trying "Cry Havoc"?

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
rrvistas
General

Someone interested in trying "Cry Havoc"?

Post by rrvistas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 am

Hi,
I'm currently working on a adaptation of the classic "Cry Havoc" Wargame. For those who don't know the game, look here http://www.cryhavocfan.org/eng/suite/concepts.htm .

Anyway, once the basic work is done I would like to do some play testing to see how things work, what can be improved and which features would be needed in BG to make things work better.

The deployment will also contain the basic rules, so no sweat if you never played it before. I can also mail the rules beforehand.

Who's interested in trying it out? As for the time schedule, first test should be possible the weekend after easter.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:43 am

Count me in.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Just some teaser pic...
Attachments
tease2.jpg
tease2.jpg (229.77 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
tease.jpg
tease.jpg (186.91 KiB) Viewed 4982 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:36 am

Looks good. The only thing that seems a little odd is the use of the clear hex bases, given that the counters are all square or rectangular. Do you thing that looks better than selecting "No Base"?

My impression when playing the printed boardgame was that I was spending a lot of time looking for the proper counter to swap in whenever a character was stunned, unstunned, wounded, or killed. BRPG's token-swapping feature is going to really speed up play, in this regard.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:20 am

heruca wrote:Looks good. The only thing that seems a little odd is the use of the clear hex bases, given that the counters are all square or rectangular. Do you thing that looks better than selecting "No Base"?
Fortunately BG lets you change that with a single mouseclick for all units. :)
heruca wrote:My impression when playing the printed boardgame was that I was spending a lot of time looking for the proper counter to swap in whenever a character was stunned, unstunned, wounded, or killed.
I already organized them in stacks. But it was quite tedious to change that thin counters.
heruca wrote:BRPG's token-swapping feature is going to really speed up play, in this regard.
yes that feature is perfect for that game.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I never played the orriginal game but I would like to give this a go so long as you dont mind teaching a newbie the game lol.

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Mon May 24, 2010 7:16 am

fb66 wrote:I never played the orriginal game but I would like to give this a go so long as you dont mind teaching a newbie the game lol.
Sure! :) It's been quite some time since I played that game. So we both start on equal grounds...
Should I use your hotmail account to send you the stuff?
Then we just have to find a day to play. ;)