Early Planning for a 1941 Game

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
dunadin777
Soldier

Early Planning for a 1941 Game

Post by dunadin777 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:50 am

It's been a while since I've used Battlegrounds. That's more a function of a healthy in-person gaming life, but having a new official edition of BGRPG and a healthy heaping of inspiration from recent media makes me want to start another GURPS campaign.

So that brings me here, asking for a show of electronic hands. Who would be interested in the following game?

It's Fall of 1941 in the USA, and a special FBI task force has been despatched to the West to track and investigate a suspected espionage and sabotage ring. The rest of the world is at war, and it's up to this special team to try to make sure America isn't next.

The campaign will be RP-intensive and feature GURPS' standard of deadly combat. Investigation, interviewing, interrogation, and research will come up about as often as the guns do, at least at first. :wink: I'm going to shoot for a historical style with a very accurate starting point that will diverge from actual events. PCs will be relatively low-powered(~150 points) and based on requisite FBI templates for the beginning, at least.

As far as the BGRPG end of things are concerned, I have 4 floating licenses available, I'm a bit out of touch with running games--I'll probably do one or two dry-run sessions before the intro session. And due to past difficulty setting up voice chat, I will probably stick to text chat, which might actually lend itself better to detailed RP in the 1940s.

So, if you're interested in this sort of game, sound off. I tend to accept any relevant GURPS rules that come up, but my players can usually get by with GURPS Lite and a good imagination and memory. I'd like to get at least 3 or 4 players solidly interested in the game before I invest too much time and effort in prepping things. But if I get enough interest, I'd like to start the campaign about a month later and run it as a monthly(or every other weekly?) game with RP done in forums between sessions. Schedule specifics can be worked out later, but know that I'm in Central Standard Time.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:41 am

Tempting, but I doubt I'll find the time for it :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:44 am

Ditto for me. This sounds like fun, but I'm just too busy developing to be able to devote much time to gaming. Hope you find some players, though.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

dunadin777
Soldier

Post by dunadin777 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:03 am

No problem guys. I'm actually running D&D sessions every month or so, running board games at the shop where I work, playing in two every-other-week games, and running a weekly GURPS campaign, so I can probably do without another game to distract me. :lol:

Still, it'll be nice to try out the latest official release of Battlegrounds and play out this particular campaign inspiration, if at all possible. Consider this a standing call for interest in such a campaign.