HERO System

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
Doomslayer
Cannon Fodder

HERO System

Post by Doomslayer » Wed May 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Does Battlegrounds work well with HERO system? How does it deal with items like NND (No Normal Defense)?

Doomslayer

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed May 23, 2012 5:54 pm

It should, particularly with the turn sequencing mechanics. But I'm not familiar with NND. Can you describe what that entails?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Doomslayer
Cannon Fodder

NND Attacks

Post by Doomslayer » Thu May 24, 2012 1:47 pm

What this essentially means is that unless you have a specific defense against this type of attack you take all the damage.

NND Radiation - you would need to a life support defense against radiation.

NND Gas attack - you would have to have gas masks or equivolent life support defense to defend against. In this case if you have the Defense you take NO damage.

Typically, with NND damage you either have the special defense and take no damage or the special defense works like armor limiting damage.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu May 24, 2012 1:59 pm

There's nothing in BRPG to deal with things like that. You are expected to deal with it the same way you would at a live face-to-face RP game session. If damage does not apply due to some form of protection, simply don't apply the damage to the character.

This forum thread might be of interest to you. This one, too. In fact, there are a fair number of posts and threads about your game system of choice here. Just do a forum search for "Hero system" and/or "Champions".
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu May 24, 2012 2:00 pm

You might also want to download the Hero dice I posted.