How to use templates in a game

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
MarkSimms
General

How to use templates in a game

Post by MarkSimms » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:36 pm

useing battlegrounds, I have found I can add templates for things like magic effect area, bow range, any kind of template cannon dispersal, rulers etc..

I made a simple range finder in the pics, then I made it hidden that had the effect of dimming it so you can see underneath and make the black almost dissappear, you can rotate it etc.. and change its scale.

I am experimenting, and still learning how I can improve this method

these templates are essential for wargaming rulers and cannon ball effects and ranges, and DND spell ranges etc..

the figures are transparent edges, I'm still trying to find a way of adding templates with transparency, I know it should be possible ? I'm experimenting and adopting battlegrounds as my goto program for miniatures
Attachments
4.png
4.png (75.71 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
3.png
3.png (171.09 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
2.png
2.png (199.03 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
1.png
1.png (223.55 KiB) Viewed 2994 times

heruca
Developer

Re: How to use templates in a game

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 am

Any particular reason why you made the template a figure, rather than an object?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

MarkSimms
General

Re: How to use templates in a game

Post by MarkSimms » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:32 pm

I just went along with it, no reason why, but this app is getting better and better for gaming. thanks for making it