BRPG v1.1b released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements
heruca
Developer

BRPG v1.1b released

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:43 pm

BRPG v1.1b is now available for download.

This is a patch, not a full install. It contains no new features, just bug fixes.

If you want the full install (i.e., the non-patch version), you can download it from the main site's Downloads page.

Download the BRPG v1.1b Patch here:
(approx. 16 MB; be sure to get the right one for your platform)
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/V1_1B_Win_Patch.zip
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/V1_1B_Mac_Patch.zip

There is no ReadMe included in these zip files, so here is a list of the bug fixes:
  • Encounters with more than 12 units no longer fail to load in the Unlicensed Demo.
    Dynamic Fog of War reveals now render properly (undistorted) in hexgrid mode.
    Geometric Cone AoEs are now properly oriented in hexgrid mode.
    Rotation of Line and Cone AoEs now works properly in hexgrid mode.
    Moving units with the movement hotkeys now works correctly in hexgrid mode.
    The Polygon Reveal and Polygon Conceal tools on the Fog of War panel now work correctly again.
    Browsing rolls in the Roll History no longer causes reroll values to be replaced with new random values.
    An error message no longer appears on a remote client's screen when percentile dice are rolled using a dice set that they don't have pre-loaded.
    Playing a non-looping sound file no longer kills the "Campfire, Lit" object's audio.
    A cosmetic issue that sometimes manifested when rolling dice has been eliminated.
    A cosmetic issue that sometimes manifested after pressing the "Inspect Macro" button has been eliminated.
Installation Instructions:
You must already have v1.1a installed in order to apply this patch.
I suggest that, to be safe, you first duplicate your BRPG v1.1a folder, then copy over the files from the unzipped v1.1b patch, overwriting the older files when prompted. This way, if anything goes wrong or doesn't work, you will still have an unaffected v1.1a installation.
Last edited by heruca on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:47 pm

v1.2 has fallen behind schedule, so I wanted to release v1.1b in order to provide some necessary bug fixes in a timely manner.

No sense in making you wait for v1.2 if the bug fixes are already complete, right?

In any case, the new Turn Sequencer in v1.3 is likely to have some issues in the initial release, since so much will have changed, so that won't be a good candidate for replacing v1.0.8a as the official download.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Thanks for the patch :D

BTS1967
General

Post by BTS1967 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:43 pm

Does this patch include the fix for the dropping of a client using a floating license?

Cheers,
BTS

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Are you referring to this?
http://battlegroundsgames.com/forums/vi ... hp?&t=1416

I did find one case where the timeout limit might not be properly lifted, and I fixed it (but forgot to mention it above).

If we're really lucky, your problem might be resolved. If the problem persists and this really is a bug (and not some sort of network/configuration problem), it's going to be hard for me to fix if I can't duplicate it.

I can try to add in some diagnostic stuff to the next release that will allow you to track license usage more precisely, manually remove "ghost" players to reclaim their floating license, etc.

BTS1967
General

Post by BTS1967 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Yup thats the item I was referring too.

I will get the chance to check it out this weekend and will report the results. Both of us have had new ISP's before the last time we played so if anything its the computers. Though this didnt start till 1.08a; prior to that point we had no problems and have been playing fairly regularly about every week since April.

If it helps at all we didnt have any problems when you went on vacation end of October and made available free play. That seems to eliminate computer and network issues.

BTS

BTS1967
General

Post by BTS1967 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:38 pm

BTS1967 wrote:Yup thats the item I was referring too.

I will get the chance to check it out this weekend and will report the results. Both of us have had new ISP's before the last time we played so if anything its the computers. Though this didnt start till 1.08a; prior to that point we had no problems and have been playing fairly regularly about every week since April.

If it helps at all we didnt have any problems when you went on vacation end of October and made available free play. That seems to eliminate computer and network issues.

BTS
Just an updated, we didnt get the chance to play over the holidays and given our schedules probably will not till sometime at the end of this month. Hopefully the new version will fix this problem.

Cheers,
BTS

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:09 pm

I'd like to create a non-patch version of v1.1b and take it out of beta status, making it the new official BRPG release.

Does anyone know of any serious bugs or issues with v1.1b (compared to v1.0.8a) for why I shouldn't do so? Are there any show-stoppers?

ursus
General

Post by ursus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:19 pm

I haven't come across any serious bugs for v1.1b, and it does fix some problems I had with v1.08a.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:15 pm

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL MAC USERS:
I just realized that the v1.1b patch for Mac contains a misnamed file. The file is called "Dice Roller Mac.dxr". You must manually rename the file "Dice Roller.dxr", or you will not be receiving the benefit of a number of bug fixes.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:03 am

BRPG v1.1b is now out of beta, and has become the new official release on the Downloads page, supplanting v1.0.8a. :D

The full install version you'll find there already addresses the misnamed file issue mentioned above, and also includes a ReadMe file and Installation Instructions (both of which were omitted from the patch).

If you have already upgraded to v1.1b using the patch, there is no need for you to download the full install version.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:34 am

Mac users:
On the Downloads page, you will see that BRPG is now also offered in DMG format. Since this is the first time I've distributed the software in this format, I'd appreciate it if some of you could try that out and let me know if there are any problems with it. I'd also like to know if you would prefer DMG over ZIP format in the future.

Personally, I'd rather offer JUST the DMG version, if it proves to work OK, since the Zip version offers no advantage in file size (in fact, it's larger), and this will avoid the issues a few people have had with StuffIt Expander failing to properly unzip the file.

Grommen
Cannon Fodder

Post by Grommen » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Well I believe you, but so far on the downloads page all I see is a link to version 1.0.8 and then in the beta section a link to version 1.1. I also do not see a link to the new Mac download.

In short your download page looks like it did a week ago. So I'm very confused. Don't worry too much this is normal for me.

I'm interested in the full 1.1b version because I think I have installed and patched the program wrong. I get some very odd things creeping up. In short I didn't pay attention to the version numbers. I had 1.0.8 up and running and patched it with 1.1b's patch before putting in version 1.1. So instead of erraseing the hole thing and starting over I went and copied 1.1 into the directory, then re-patched it. Looked like that plan worked for a wile but I'm getting some really odd things happening. Too numerous to mention by the way. I wanted the hole 1.1b version so I could start over fresh and see if that cleared up my issues.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Sounds like you're viewing an older cached version. Try reloading the page to refresh it (you may need to hold down the Shift key while pressing reload).

Below is how it should look.
Attachments
Updated Downloads.jpg
Updated Downloads.jpg (74.89 KiB) Viewed 9291 times

Grommen
Cannon Fodder

Post by Grommen » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if this machine needs a full rebuild. I've been havening phantom problems like this for some time now. usually XP is very stable for me but that page just didn't come up. It does now though, after I held down the shift.

I'm using Firefox so that might be the issue as well.

Thanks.