BRPG v1.4e beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements
heruca
Developer

BRPG v1.4e beta released

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:58 pm

BRPG v1.4e is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

v1.4e is intended to fix a few bugs that were found in v1.4d immediately after its release. v1.4e contains only bug fixes; no new features have been added.

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.4d. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.4d, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from a prior BRPG version may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from that version of BRPG.

This is a full install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.4e here:
Windows version (124.7 MB)
Mac version (129.4 MB)

Installation instructions are included in each download.

For convenience, v1.4e is also available as a patch for v1.4c or v1.4d. You must already have v1.4c or v1.4d installed in order to use this patch.

Download BRPG v1.4e PATCH here:
Windows version (2.3 MB)
Mac version (2.3 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.4c or v1.4d folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although the ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.4e download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.4e

¢ Bug fix: An error no longer occurs when opening the Unit Manager.
¢ Bug fix: Addressed a cosmetic glitch that was causing the "End My Turn" button to appear briefly during launch.
¢ Bug fix: Playing and importing audio files should now work as expected.
Last edited by heruca on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

ashaman13
Sergeant

Post by ashaman13 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:31 pm

once we install this patch do we still need to install the MPEG 3 Import Export Win.zip?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 pm

The "MPEG 3 Import Export" Xtra is included in this patch, but if you'd already installed it manually, you can just throw the Xtra away, since it's an exact duplicate of what you already have.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

ashaman13
Sergeant

Post by ashaman13 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Thanks I just figured it out myself when I actually opened the folder...

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 pm

I've been thinking that, since you're releasing separate Windows and Mac patches anyway, it would be nice if you could name the folders differently inside the patches too.

In Windows, dropping a folder into a directory with a folder of the same name will not overwrite the entire existing folder, merely the conflicting files inside.

So for patches like this personally I would prefer if you named the folders like their originals:
BRPGv1_4eWin_Patch.zip
-- BRPGv1_4eWin
---- Xtras
---- Suppport Files
---- ReadMe.rtf

Then you just have to rename your old v1.4c folder as BRPG v1_4eWin, drag the patch into the same directory, and confirm overwrite.

Example attached below.
Attachments
BRPGv1_4eWin_Patch.zip
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 638 times

ursus
General

Post by ursus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks Omni.

That is a bit easier.

ursus
General

Post by ursus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Ok. Omni made it easier to install the patch, but I'm still having a problem with audio.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Audio is working fine for me. I'll re-test it under Windows tomorrow.

Are you sure you're not using some obscure or non-standard compression in your audio files? Do the audio files that ship with BRPG play OK for you?

ursus
General

Post by ursus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:50 pm

The BRPG audio files are fine, but all my mp3 files get an error message if I try to preview them. Or, if I click send, I get nothing at all.

Is there a non-standard way to compress into mp3 format? All my mp3's were either ripped from CD's by Windows Media Player or downloaded from various sources. I remember them playing in an earlier version of BRPG, but I can't recall which....

Ok. I just checked 1.2g, and mp3's play in that version.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:32 pm

ursus wrote:I'm still having a problem with audio.
Try installing these Xtras and let me know if it works afterwards. BRPG can't be running at the time of installation.

Missing Windows Xtras
Missing Mac Xtras

It seems like I was a bit overzealous in trying to reduce BRPG's launch time in the v1.4 series of releases.

ursus
General

Post by ursus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Audio now works. :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Excellent. Thanks for confirming.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Updated the OP to include download links for the Full Install version. The Full Install, unlike the patch version, already contains the missing Xtras mentioned above, and it contains the fixed "d6 with pips" files (which are strictly optional).