Updated User Manual for BRPG

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements
heruca
Developer

Updated User Manual for BRPG

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:42 pm

The BRPG User Manual has been updated to cover all the changes and new features added since BRPG v1.0 was released. This new User Manual covers up through BRPG v1.7 and is 169 pages long (compared to the 64 pages of the BRPG v1.0 User Manual, and the 136 pages of the BRPG v1.4i draft Manual), making this what I believe to be the most thorough and comprehensive User Manual of any virtual tabletop software.

Please download the updated User Manual from the Downloads page. Be sure to also download the new Addendum posted there.

I hope the improved documentation helps everyone take full advantage of their software.

Feel free to provide feedback about the new User Manual in this forum thread.
Last edited by heruca on Thu May 31, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

I just uploaded a revised version of the User Manual and Addendum.

This is what has changed:
1) The file size has been reduced from 17.2 MB to 14.5 MB. This additional compression was achieved with no perceptible loss in image quality.
2) A typo in the Table of Contents was fixed.
3) Hyperlinks (TOC links, web page links, and email links) no longer darken/highlight when clicked on. I found this behavior very distracting and undesirable in the original release. This was the principal reason for uploading a new version.

My apologies to the 15 or so users who may wish to re-download the files.

By the way, feel free to overwrite the original (v1.0) User Manual that was included with your BRPG download. It was terribly outdated and you won't need it anymore.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:16 am

heruca wrote:My apologies to the 15 or so users who may wish to re-download the files.
Sarcasm detected. ;-)
Not unwarranted though I'm afraid. :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Omnidon wrote:Sarcasm detected. ;-)
Not really. I don't like it when people have to download something twice.

Although I will admit that I expected way more downloads than it got in the first 24 hours that it was available.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu May 31, 2012 1:26 pm

The updated User Manual is now included in the Full Install of BRPG v1.7d (the new official release of BRPG), so most people will not need to download this separately.