BRPG v1.8 beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements
heruca
Developer

Re: 1.8 problem

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:32 pm

dittotb wrote:When I open the library module and click on the missile chart that you have there I get a script error message.
This bug is fixed for BRPG v1.8a. It would trigger whenever the thumbnail graphic was clicked if you were browsing non-audio assets in anything other than the new Gallery Browser.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

MadWelshWizard wrote:New gallery feature looks awesome however I'm not getting the Cancel / Select buttons I see in your screen shot ?
The buttons are missing in v1.8 when you do a "Place Object" while using Windows, but they should be there if you do a "Place Figure".
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cyberunner8
Captain

Post by cyberunner8 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 am

I am getting no buttons on object or figure view except for the scroll arrows. I do like the look and the larger preview is fantastic. 8)
Oh ya I am on windows 7.

P.S. Is the v1.8a released yet or did I miss on the downloads?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:03 am

v1.8a has not been released yet. Soon, though, I expect.

cyberunner8
Captain

BRPG v1.8a released!

Post by cyberunner8 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 pm

The new BRPG v1.8a release looks great!
I love the new features.

Thank you! ;)

-Cyberunner 8)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 pm

You're welcome. :)

Glad you like it.

I've edited the OP, folks.

pansophy
Cannon Fodder

Post by pansophy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 am

OK, I am a new user of BG RPG Edition, not bought it at the moment, though.

Not sure if the Demo version is different from the final, but here are my error reports:

- FoW not working when using Horizontal / Vertical Offsets. The FoW is in the wrong place. Only workaround is to use the pre-made grids on a background image and disable snap-to-grid function

- Sometimes unable to create a Turn Sequencer. This is what I did:
a) load a map
b) put some figures on it
c) use the TS Wiz, using only one value to track. Sort by that value.

Error is: "No Turn Sequencer available" or such. Quit BG, start new - works. Error did not come up again, though

- Gallery for figures (used on Win7): it shows the pictures, but the "select" and "Cancel" buttons are missing. Pressing "RETURN" works, though.

I must admit I am using Parallels Desktop on a Mac, running Win7 in a Virtual Machine.

--
cheers!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 am

Welcome, pansophy.

The offset Fog of War and the missing buttons in the gallery viewer are both bugs that were fixed in BRPG v1.8a.

Not sure what to make of the missing Turn Sequencer. But I seem to recall that you have to track a minimum of two values (the second value acts as a tie-breaker for the first).

pansophy
Cannon Fodder

Post by pansophy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 am

Thanks for the welcome :)

In regards to the FoW & buttons: I used the patch to copy the new files into the Demo folder. Also, the "About" window reads V1.8
Tried it twice, with both available versions after patching them. It is just replacing the files into the correct folder, nothing else, right?

The Sequence Tracker is not too much of a problem. Once I restarted the program, it worked fine. ;)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:15 am

Applying a patch is simply a matter of placing the files in the proper folder of your prior BRPG installation, overwriting the existing files when prompted. Are you sure you downloaded the v1.8a patch, and not the v1.8 patch?

If properly done, the About panel should say v1.8a the next time you launch the app. No patch should ever be applied while BRPG is running.

pansophy
Cannon Fodder

Post by pansophy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:51 am

of course I used the 1.8 patch and not the 1.8a one ... :(

Looks better now! Only issue is revealing areas, then the offset still affects the drawing tool. Otherwise FoW is now displayed correctly.

The buttons as well :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 am

pansophy wrote:Only issue is revealing areas, then the offset still affects the drawing tool. Otherwise FoW is now displayed correctly.
Ooh, I'll have to check that out. I wasn't aware of any lingering problems with map offsets. Thanks for mentioning it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am

Using BRPG v1.8a, I'm unable to duplicate any problems with the FoW reveal/conceal tools when using an offset map. I tried it at various zoom levels, and with various FoW Resolution settings.

The only issue I found is a brief misplacement of the Fog of War layer when you release the mouse button.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 am

heruca wrote:The only issue I found is a brief misplacement of the Fog of War layer when you release the mouse button.
And I just fixed this bug for BRPG v1.8b. :)

pansophy
Cannon Fodder

Post by pansophy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:34 am

something strange is going on. I still have problems with FoW. Using the Offset on a map, it is still not where it is supposed to be. Here some pictures:

FoW 1
FoW 2

Using patch 8a, as the pictures show. It is a fresh install (1.7e & patch8a).

Any ideas? ;)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 am

Can you please email me your Encounter file and your map?

pansophy
Cannon Fodder

Post by pansophy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm

email sent :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 am

Bug confirmed. Will try to fix it for BRPG v1.8b, but no promises.

Wish I'd been able to confirm this bug earlier.