Development Update

A "blog" of sorts to track development progress, discuss design theory, etc.
ursus
General

Post by ursus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 pm

By next release, do you mean v1.6 or v2.0?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 pm

v1.6.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 am

BRPG v1.6b is nearly ready for release. Hopefully it will be available for download on Tuesday evening.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

kato42
General

Post by kato42 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Sounds like this will be mostly a bug fix release, yes?
Running 4 player D&D 4th ed. campaign over the net using BRPG 1.6b.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Half bug fixes, half new stuff (that shouldn't break anything).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:51 pm

I've been without internet access for 2 days (even now I only get dialup speeds over my cable connection).

Doesn't look like I missed anything, though.

The BRPG Lobby will be down until I get my ISP issues fixed, since I host the server at home.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon May 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Looks like my ISP issues for the last 4-5 days are finally fixed (fingers crossed).

The BRPG Lobby is available once again.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon May 10, 2010 2:37 pm

BRPG v1.6c should be released sometime this week, as well as a new game conversion.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun May 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Update: Well, I got the game conversion released, but BRPG v1.6c will have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday, as I still have a few bugs that need fixing.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri May 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Real life has once again intruded in development. While v1.6c is now in the final testing stages, I won't be able to work on it today. Assuming all goes well in the testing tomorrow and I can get any last minute fixes done on Sunday, we should see a release of v1.6c on Monday.

On the bright side, v1.6c is including more bug fixes that will make BRPG more reliable than ever.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:37 pm

My wife and son are going out of town this weekend for about 10 days, so I expect to get a lot of development done during that time, since I will be able to fully focus on my work. Hopefully it will be enough time to get BRPG v1.7 done and released, as well as one or more tutorial videos.

There's a good chance that v1.6d will be released this coming Monday, too. It will be a very minor update, primarily intended to fix the die rolling bug that's affecting Windows users.

I'm also in the final testing stage of a new commercial artpack that I hope to release next week.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:01 pm

BRPG v1.6f will hopefully be released later this week, along with a new (free!) digital game conversion.

I know the releases have been a bit too close together lately, but I just added a cool new feature that...

1) is required to play the new free game (there's no point in releasing the game without software that can be used to play it)

and

2) the new feature is also going to appeal to BRPG users in general (whether they use BRPG for RPGs or for boardgaming/wargaming.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 pm

heruca wrote:BRPG v1.6e will hopefully be released later this week, along with a new (free!) digital game conversion.
Do you mean v1.6f? Didn't you release v1.6e already? :roll:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Oops. Yes, I meant v1.6f. Will edit the original post. Thanks.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Today was a good day for sales. Just wanted to say a special thanks to those customers. I was starting to think I wouldn't be able to get my wife a decent birthday present this year, but thanks to you, now I can. :)

I'm currently working on yet another free game conversion (a short one, but a fun one), and then I'll get to fixing the bugs that were found in v1.6f. Expect to see v1.6g released sometime in the next week to 10 days. I think we're extremely close now to having a new official release to replace the aging v1.4i.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm getting psyched about BRPG v1.6g. In addition to fixing what went wrong with v1.6f and fixing some additional bugs, v1.6g is getting several interesting new features. I'm almost tempted to call it v1.7 (but I won't).

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Any chance of it being released before Friday? :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 pm

You can be the guinea pig and try it out before the release, which is planned for this weekend. Along with a new free game conversion. :) 8)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Expect to see BRPG v1.6h released later this week. Perhaps even tomorrow.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:20 am

It's been far too quiet here, lately. :?

And although license transfer requests now seem to outnumber new sales by a good margin, I am continuing to improve BRPG (and, by extension, the core of the upcoming BGE). BRPG v1.6i will hopefully be released this weekend. And with luck, another digital game conversion, too.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Sales

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Well I bought a third open license, so that brings me up to four people that can play (one of my players bought his own)- and I keep referring people this way. We're playing again this Saturday, so we are, of course, excited about the next official beta!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks for referring new people to BRPG, TRIAD4Evr. Always appreciated.

Right now, real life is getting in the way of me completing v1.6i. Actually, the programming is more or less finished, but I need to test it to make sure all the bugs are really worked out, particularly in multiuser setups. Hoping for a Wednesday or Thursday release now.

On the plus side, there are a few interesting new features to look forward to, and some existing features will be faster.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm expecting to release a new free card game conversion this evening.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:39 pm

BRPG v1.6j will either be released tomorrow or on Monday, as will a new free digital game conversion that makes ample use of some new features that have been added to the software.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am

I'll be away all day today, so I won't be able to fulfill any new orders until tonight.