Call for Volunteers for Testing

A "blog" of sorts to track development progress, discuss design theory, etc.
Halebop

Post by Halebop » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:39 am

Depending what time you'll be ready I might be able to spare an hour or so.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:35 am

I should be ready in a couple of hours. I'm trying to fix a couple of bugs first that you and/or Omnidon already reported.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:23 pm

If you need another tester, I'm available. Tell me what I would need to do. At this point, I do not have a GM Client license.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

Richard Weimer
Soldier

Post by Richard Weimer » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:17 pm

I'll be available tonight as well. I'm in the PST time zone, and am typically available from 9 PM to midnight.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:48 pm

Sorry for the delay, Smatt. I got hung up on some unreported bugs. Things that used to work and now they don't. :evil: :x
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

smatt1001
General

Post by smatt1001 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:33 pm

No worries Heruca,

I might have some free time tomorrow afternooon and possibly Thusday. If you have something then I'll try and give it a look
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:04 am

I'm uploading a new build right now, should take about 30 minutes to finish. When it's ready for download, I'll e-mail or PM the selected volunteers with a download link.

Random Notes:
This is a patch for RC2a, not a complete install. Be sure to back up your Encounters folder if there's anything there you wish to keep.
The User Manual is updated, except for a few legacy screenshots. However, it is not yet hyperlinked, and the Table of Contents has not been updated to reflect the new page numbers.
You will see some things listed in the ReadMe that are not implemented yet.
Hex mode is badly broken, so stick to square grids for now.
I'm mostly interested in stand-alone testing right now. Once that's complete, we can move on to multiplayer testing (on the other hand, I DO want you to see large map transfers in action, so that could be an exception, LOL!)
Halebop, the unit displacement bug is fixed, so you should be able to complete the sample mini-adventure with this build.
Last edited by heruca on Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:39 am

Richard Weimer wrote:I'll be available tonight as well. I'm in the PST time zone, and am typically available from 9 PM to midnight.
Do you have a GM Client License?

Richard Weimer
Soldier

Post by Richard Weimer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:48 am

yep. GM license has been purchased and the application is installed on the same laptop that I am now replying to you from...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:57 am

Good. Check your PM inbox.

Richard Weimer
Soldier

Post by Richard Weimer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:01 am

Got it...thx

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:55 am

After a few weeks of dashing about (HârnCon in Virginia was great!) I am around at home again this weekend, so if you need any testing done give me a shout.
Balesir

kilgar
Sergeant

Post by kilgar » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:31 am

I have some time this weekend also if you need any more help testing.

Newly purchased and installed GM client license ready!
Never tell a DM "I'm Bored!"