Miscellaneous

A list maintained by Omnidon to provide a recap of all user-submitted feature requests for BRPG.
Omnidon
Site Admin

Miscellaneous

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:25 am

Relevant to BRPG version: 1.3
  • 2 MB Limit
    A technical limitation of heruca's development tool, Director, causes BRPG to be unable to transfer (non-map) files larger than 2 Megabytes. At this time, he has no way to fix it since it is hardcoded into his work environment.

JPG compression will not help since the compression is ignored during the transfer.

Due to a feature that breaks maps into pieces before they are sent, this limitation only applies to files other than maps. Server-loaded maps also bypass this limitation.
  • Server Files
    It is now possible to load maps from a server, but this feature is still in a rudimentary form and should be expanded to other files.
  • Background Transfers
    Even files under 2 MB can often take some time to load for the players. BRPG will eventually support the ability to have the files that the GM needs later gradually sent in the background.

These files, like other transfers, would be encrypted in the User Cast.cxt so the players can't peak.
  • Bulk Send Folder
    It would be very handy for the GM to have a folder that, with one click of a button, sends all of its contents to the players.

An important distinction between this and Background Transfers is that the files in the bulk folder would be visible to the players, rather than hidden away in the User Cast.cxt like other file transfers.

This would be useful as it is often necessary to provide players with many different materials to be inspected during or after a session.

Other applications such as instant messengers make sending multiple files tedious.
  • Dual Screen / Projector Support -- Confirmed v2 feature
    Currently there is no way for a single licensed GM client to display both the GM view and the Player view.
    Eventually this will be possible.
  • Router Compatibility
    BRPG is already compatible with many routers, and heruca will try to make BRPG as router-friendly as possible.
    See Port Forwarding in the FAQ if your router is giving you trouble.
  • Dice Objects
    A fun feature would be dice that could actually be placed and used on the map itself.

This could be a Flash Extension or it could be a special type of object that is dragged out of the dice panel and plopped onto the map.
  • Animated Dice
    While there is currently a rudimentary dice animation feature, a true dice rolling animation has often been requested.
Last edited by Omnidon on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:29 am, edited 22 times in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:33 pm

I've added a setting to the second Preferences screen which lets you disable mouse-based map scrolling. Disabled is now the default, at least until I make some other improvements to that feature.

Omnidon, how do you want to handle suggestions/requests that have been implemented? Put them in green instead of red?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:26 am

That's an idea, though in the long run I think my original plan is best.

I have a Completion Log thread for that, so it doesnt clutter these threads.

I've been taking a bit of a break from the computer lately and much of my BRPG time has gone into bug testing. The whole suggestion summary needs to be revised and more topics, such as Dice, still need to be added. I'll get around to that soon hopefully.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:10 pm

Omnidon,

Just a reminder:
"Mouse Scrolling Off", "Visual Aid Tooltip", and "Right-Click Scrolling" can be moved to your Completion Log as soon as v1.0 ships. :D
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.