Script Out of Range & Question Mark Errors (1.0.6) [FIXE

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Farland
High Commander

Script Out of Range & Question Mark Errors (1.0.6) [FIXE

Post by Farland » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:20 pm

The title says it all-- when placing certain figures I get a script out of range errors, so do my players, and they only see question marks.

Is this fixed for the patch?

Strange, and I can't be sure, but it seems to only happen when I place figures they don't have in their figures folder.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:35 pm

Already fixed for v1.0.6a, since we saw this happening in our testing the other day. The error only happens when a player client requests a token from the GM Client. No error pops up if the player client has already imported the necessary token.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:07 am

That's what I thought but it couldn't hurt to ask. Anyway, we did some testing tonight with three players and me hosting, and the program performed very well. The new map sending functionality is a freaking dream. Now I just await the patch. :)
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:20 am

I just fixed the last bug I wanted to squash in v1.0.6a. Tomorrow morning I'll compile a new build and ZIPs. They should be uploaded by noon or so. The only thing that might interfere with that plan is the fact that I'm having some plumbing work done tomorrow right next to my office, and the noise level might be so bad that I won't be able to work (they need to break through a wall to get at some pipes; darned old buildings :evil: ).

I count at least 8 bug fixes in v1.0.6a. There may be more, but I sometimes forget to write them down in the ReadMe so I lose track. :oops:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:52 am

heruca wrote:I count at least 8 bug fixes in v1.0.6a.
This is great to hear. I'll schedule some play-testing later this week to see if I can find anything you'd want to fix for a "b" release before Icon.

It would be really nice if you could put up a new default download by then and it seems that the focus on squashing bugs in 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 may have done the trick.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Full Bleed, can you confirm that this is fixed, and if so, move it to the Fixed Bugs forum? Thanks.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:27 am

I haven't had a chance to network play-test yet.

Farland, how about you? Can you confirm this is fixed?