BUG: Turn Sequencer Empty (1.07a) [Patched]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Omnidon
Site Admin

BUG: Turn Sequencer Empty (1.07a) [Patched]

Post by Omnidon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:34 am

There seems to be a bug that is causing the turn sequencer to remain empty when I place units.

It happens every time.

Using Copy & Paste to create new units will cause the new units to appear in the turn sequencer, but the originals still do not.

BRPG hard-crashed once because of it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:14 am

Just tested this on my Mac, and it's working.

¢ I tried manually placing units, and they appeared just fine in the Turn Sequencer.

¢ I tried loading units from a Deployment, and they appeared just fine in the Turn Sequencer.

¢ I tried loading an Encounter, and the figures appeared just fine in the Turn Sequencer.

¢ I tried cloning units via copy & paste, and they appeared just fine in the Turn Sequencer.

I wonder if this is only occurring on Windows. Will test that today.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:19 am

By chance, are you keeping the Turn Sequencer open to see if units appear on it? It's entirely possible that live updating of the TS panel isn't working, but that it's only being refreshed when you open the panel.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:19 pm

Nope, I opened and closed it every time.

I tried deleting my prefs & reinstalling BRPG.
Still happened.

If I load something like a deployment or an encounter or if I copy & paste a unit, those units and subsequent units will appear correctly, but any units placed beforehand will still not appear in the sequencer.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:25 pm

OK, thanks for the info. Will look into this today.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:52 pm

I've been able to confirm that under Windows OS, units placed on the map "manually" do not appear in the Turn Sequencer.

I found a workaround, however, until I fix it in the next version:
If, after placing a single figure, you chose the "Clear All Units" command from the BG button menu, things will thereafter work OK during that session of BRPG. Also, if you have loaded an Encounter after starting BRPG, things should work fine for that entire session.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:08 pm

Problem fixed and patch released.

Get it here:
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... php?t=1151

It turns out Macs ARE affected by this, btw.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat May 05, 2007 2:19 am

Full Bleed, could you verify the bugs that are supposedly fixed in v1.0.7a? I think the Open Bugs list is a bit longer than it needs to be and I'd like to prune it down to a more manageable size.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Fri May 11, 2007 5:25 am

Updating now... been out of town (still am) since April 25th.