Dynamic FoW [NOT A BUG]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Torq
Captain

Dynamic FoW [NOT A BUG]

Post by Torq » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:53 am

Once again, using two instances on the same PC. The host has the map loaded and Dynamic FoW (only) enabled. Also loaded as part of the encounter are a few PCs with torch light sources. Then shows properly on the master. I then load the client and join. The map transfer indicators seem to show the progress and I get prompted concerning the use of the floating license.

The screed on the client version stays black even after the load of the map. In order to see anything on the client screen I have to switch dynamiv FoW on and off on the master. Then everything runds well.

Torq
The internet, it'll never catch on.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:11 am

You probably have Automatic Blackout enabled in the second Preferences screen. Let me know if that's not the case.

Toggling the Blackout button twice will also ensure that the Player Client can see the map and tokens. No need to toggle the FoW off, which reveals the entire map.

I added the ability to disable Automatic Blackout to facilitate perpetual (non-live) games, where the GM Client is left running, and players log on, take their turn, and log off. Sort of like a faster version of play-by-forum.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Torq
Captain

Post by Torq » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:40 am

:shock: You nailed it. Yes it was enabled. Sorry to bother you about something like this.

Torq
The internet, it'll never catch on.