(Cosmetic) die macro bug with multiple die colors

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

(Cosmetic) die macro bug with multiple die colors

Post by Kazander » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:15 pm

I've noticed recently that if I create a die macro where, for example, it's 2d6 in black, then I add 1d6 in red and label it "Followup" (for a followup attack), that when I save it and use it later all the dice will be black.

The red die is no longer red. I wasn't originally going to report it as a bug, thinking it wasn't supported to have multiple die colors, until I took a look at the die macro file itself, and discovered that the second die color is actually saved. It's just not used when the macro is opened again later.

The reason I use this is for an obvious visual distinction; I'm seeking to keep the damage roll as a single roll for speed purposes. Since there is no option to "not count" any given die towards the total, I thought the visual distinction helpful.

Now, since the the die is actually labelled "followup", it's not a huge issue obviously. Just something that should eventually be fixed, assuming this functionality is actually intended. Or I could be wrong. :-) It wouldn't be the first time.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. It used to work fine, as shown in the dice macro video I posted. Must have broken when I added some new functionality.

And is I said elsewhere, I'll try to add an option for not counting the secondary dice in the roll total, or perhaps of tracking two separate roll totals.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 am

The facility to have two separate roll totals would be very handy indeed! :D

Sorry not to have contributed much beta testing feedback recently - we got to play actual F2F this weekend... :D :D
Balesir

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Balesir wrote:The facility to have two separate roll totals would be very handy indeed!
This is now possible in v1.3f, as shown below.

To get separate roll totals, click on the small gray button between the two dice types in the Dice Macro setup screen. Each click changes the symbol in the button, starting with "+", then "-", then "x", then, "/". Now there's a 5th button setting, which is just an empty gray button. Setting it to this will make BRPG track the totals for each die type separately.
Attachments
Separate die totals.jpg
Separate die totals.jpg (273.54 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

duniagdra daamyour
Cannon Fodder

Post by duniagdra daamyour » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:49 pm

heruca wrote:
Balesir wrote:The facility to have two separate roll totals would be very handy indeed!
This is now possible in v1.3f, as shown below.
Is there a link for 1.3f? I went to the downloads page and it still says 1.3e.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:50 pm

v1.3f hasn't been released yet. I'm expecting it to be ready this Monday.

Announcements like the one above your post are just to let people know of new features or tweaks as they are completed.

Nom
Sergeant

Post by Nom » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:40 am

That looks great! :D How hard would it be to allow the first die to be labelled too?

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:27 pm

heruca wrote:This is now possible in v1.3f, as shown below.
heruca wrote:v1.3f hasn't been released yet. I'm expecting it to be ready this Monday.

Announcements like the one above your post are just to let people know of new features or tweaks as they are completed.
I can see where he got confused though. Perhaps you should avoid phrases like "now possible" for unreleased versions ;-)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Nom wrote:How hard would it be to allow the first die to be labelled too?
Not very hard, except for finding space for another label field on the macro setup screen.

What would be the point, though? Die labels are there to differentiate a certain die/dice from the primary dice, such as when you roll dice in Savage Worlds and you need to know which is the Wild die (especially if all the dice being rolled are d6s). Presumably, the dice macro's name should already let you know what the primary dice are for.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Fixed.