Encounter and Deployment upgrading [v1.3b]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Locked
User avatar
Kazander
General
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Encounter and Deployment upgrading [v1.3b]

Post by Kazander » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey, Heruca,

I just had a few minutes to take a swipe at 1.3b beta, and didn't get very far before encountering issues.

It doesn't appear to be converting Encounters and Deployments properly.

When I load a Deployment, I get the error:

---------------------------
Director Player Error
---------------------------
Index out of range




Script Error. Continue?
---------------------------
Yes No
---------------------------


and when I load an Encounter, I get:

---------------------------
Director Player Error
---------------------------
Property not found


#memberNum

Script Error. Continue?
---------------------------
Yes No
---------------------------


This applies to encounters and deployments that are working in either 1.2g, or converted and working in 1.3.

Sorry; would loved to have tested further, but that pretty much stopped me at square 1.

User avatar
heruca
Developer
Posts: 9384
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:58 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:32 am

This is fixed for v1.3c.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

User avatar
Kazander
General
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Kazander » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:30 pm

heruca wrote:This is fixed for v1.3c.
Not so much.....Deployments work now, but I still have the same error with Encounters.

It's strange though, because last night I was able to get a v1.3 encounter to work. I had to load it, I'd get the message about upgrading the encounter, and I'd still get the error message. But if I closed BRPG, reloaded it, and tried to load the encounter again, it actually worked.

This morning, I cannot duplicate the feat despite using the same source encounters.

In fact, I could not even load the one that worked yesterday, and I had re-saved in 1.3c.

User avatar
heruca
Developer
Posts: 9384
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:58 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Are you using fresh v1.2f or v1.2g Encounters, or are you using Encounters that might already have been corrupted by the bugginess in v1.3b?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

User avatar
heruca
Developer
Posts: 9384
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:58 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:15 pm

As a test, I just used v1.3c to update all 5 Encounters that shipped with v1.2g. It worked without a hitch.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

User avatar
Kazander
General
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Kazander » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:05 pm

This morning I used encounters from 1.3 plain.

You're right, it does seem to work from 1.2g though. Sorry.

Is the upgrade code normally coded to work only from the last non-beta release?

User avatar
heruca
Developer
Posts: 9384
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:58 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:12 pm

The updating code is designed to handle every release where the format for Encounters and/or Deployments changes in some fashion.

It's entirely possible that the bug we've been referring to in this thread actually started in v1.3, so I'd advise everyone to keep v1.2 versions of their Encounters and Deployment files around, to avoid possible corruption by early v1.3 releases.

If you've got a corrupted v1.3 file that you need fixed, email it to me and I'll see if I can edit the file manually to make it work again.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

User avatar
Kazander
General
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Kazander » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:50 pm

It's no bother; all my 'real' encounters--those that I use for gaming sessions--are still 1.2g.

The 1.3 ones were just for testing.

Thanks for the offer though.

Farland
High Commander
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Farland » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:09 pm

heruca wrote:The updating code is designed to handle every release where the format for Encounters and/or Deployments changes in some fashion.

It's entirely possible that the bug we've been referring to in this thread actually started in v1.3, so I'd advise everyone to keep v1.2 versions of their Encounters and Deployment files around, to avoid possible corruption by early v1.3 releases.
Damn, too late.
If you've got a corrupted v1.3 file that you need fixed, email it to me and I'll see if I can edit the file manually to make it work again.
Look for some emails from me in the next few days then. :)
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

Farland
High Commander
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Farland » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:28 pm

Actually now it is opening encounters fine. I think I may only have a few corrupt encounters, but most are good. Nice work.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests