1.3b: So many bugs

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
nortonweb
General

1.3b: So many bugs

Post by nortonweb » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:26 am

The turn sequencer is in noway workable.
I can't import deployments or encounters from 1.2g.

Just these two things make it a non-event in my books and I feel it should be withdrawn till it works... thats not withdrawn and new features added.. or withdrawn and a new wargame product discussed but withdrawn and FIXED.

That was 127mb of my bandwidth completely wasted.. cheers
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:13 am

Thanks for the headsup. I think I'll give this update a miss.

Dormouse
General

Re: 1.3b: So many bugs

Post by Dormouse » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:37 am

nortonweb wrote:Just these two things make it a non-event in my books and I feel it should be withdrawn till it works... thats not withdrawn and new features added.. or withdrawn and a new wargame product discussed but withdrawn and FIXED.
How about trying a regular (say weekly or bi-weekly or daily if you are coding that fast) alpha build? Active testers could try it out and the changes with each build should be small enough to make it easier to work out when bugs are introduced and eliminated.

heruca
Developer

Re: 1.3b: So many bugs

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:23 pm

nortonweb wrote:The turn sequencer is in noway workable.
Could you be a bit more specific, please? The only thing I've found wrong with it so far is that the auto-sorting isn't sorting right. I'm working on fixing that right now and hope to have v1.2c released by tonight. Other aspects of the Turn Sequencer seem to be working just fine for me.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Dormouse wrote:Thanks for the headsup. I think I'll give this update a miss.
You might want to download v1.3b anyway, since v1.3c will initially be offered only as a patch to v1.3b.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:20 pm

heruca wrote:You might want to download v1.3b anyway, since v1.3c will initially be offered only as a patch to v1.3b.
OK