Dice Macro Figures & Global [v1.3c]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Sholari
General

Dice Macro Figures & Global [v1.3c]

Post by Sholari » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 am

For those that don't know there are Die Macros that can be setup for Figures and some that can be set up globally for all figures. Which i think is a great idea :lol:

The bug that I found in 1.3c is that after you have setup a number of Die Macros globally, say 5 macros, then you set a couple of macros up for a figure, two macros. The macros that were set up globally are reduced two 2 macros, the same number of macros the figure has.

I also noticed that global macros are idexed alphabeticly (sp?) and the Figures macros are not. Now I would request to have all the macros indexed alphabeticly.

I also would like to know how to distribute the macros. Should i just email the macros to the players or is there a media bundle or some other method that would be better.

Thanks

heruca
Developer

Re: Dice Macro Figures & Global [v1.3c]

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:49 am

Sholari wrote:The macros that were set up globally are reduced two 2 macros, the same number of macros the figure has.
Where are the global macros being depleted? On the popup in the Dice Macro window, or in the list of global dice macros in the BG button's popup menu?
Sholari wrote:I would request to have all the macros indexed alphabetically.
They are listed in the order they were added. This can be useful, if you want, say, all your To Hit macros listed first and all your damage macros to come later in the list. If I were to sort them alphabetically, you'd lose out on that sort of user-defined ordering. Are you sure you want that?
Sholari wrote:I also would like to know how to distribute the macros. Should i just email the macros to the players or is there a media bundle or some other method that would be better.
I believe global dice macros are transmitted to the players upon logging in. The players have access to them while they're logged into the game, but those macros are never saved locally, unless the players manually use the Save button in the Dice Roller window. If the GM wishes to, he/she can email the global macros to the players, in which case they should store them in the Dice Macros folder.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Re: Dice Macro Figures & Global [v1.3c]

Post by Kazander » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:20 am

Sholari wrote:Now I would request to have all the macros indexed alphabeticly.
I would disagree with this one.

What I would rather have is an interface that allows me to edit the die macros better.

Right now, the only choice is to "Clear All Dice Macros" associated with a figure. Well, things change over time--characters get stronger, different weapons, etc--it would be nice to be able to edit these macros without deleting and recreating them all. Editing the Deployment file works, but it's clumsy. As part of this editing function, I think it would be helpful to be able to manually sort the die macros, allowing them to be prioritized as needed, which may include alphabetization.

I think alphabetical sorting works fine for global macros, but again, it would be nice to be able to edit them more easily. (And distinguish between player client visible ones and GM-only visible ones, but I've already made that suggestion).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:05 pm

I believe the issue with the disappearing global dice macros has been fixed for v1.3d. It was happening in the Dice Macro window's "Load/Roll" popup menu.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:10 pm

heruca i am getting the same issue with the dice macros (1.3c on win xp).
when any figure has had a dice macro saved against it the global list of dice macros on the load dice macro button is reduced to the number of entries on the figures list.

(click roll dice on the battle grounds comand menu then load dice macro button the problem is on the global list)

the full global list apears on the battlegrounds button menu though.

lol efficient as ever heruca u posted while i was in the process of writing mine (got disturbed half way through needed to sort my baby out lol).