Movie Cast Error

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Sholari
General

Movie Cast Error

Post by Sholari » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:39 am

Hi just wondering if anyone else gets the Movie Cast error? It happens so sporadically I cann't give you a way to duplicate it. Is there a Movie Cast? The error doesn't shut down the game, it is just annoying.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:07 am

I've never seen that error, and I don't think anyone else has reported it.

What version of BRPG are you getting that error in?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 am

Did you by chance copy over an old "User Cast.cxt" file into one of the newer v1.3.x release folders? That shouldn't be done, because that file has changed recently, and doing so would produce errors. If anyone has done this, you'll need to copy over a fresh "User Cast.cxt" file from the zip file of the BRPG version you are running.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:04 pm

heruca wrote:Did you by chance copy over an old "User Cast.cxt" file into one of the newer v1.3.x release folders? That shouldn't be done
There are a lot of old threads in this forum that actually tell people they *can* copy their old user cast file over. In the future, you might want to make a special mention of this kind of change when you post the new release.