1.3e problem with encounter created with 1.3d

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
fb66
General

1.3e problem with encounter created with 1.3d

Post by fb66 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi
I have just upgraded to version 1.3e from 1.3d using the patch and everything is not as it should be. When ever i load an encounter the map crashes placing lots of question marks all over the place (and nothing else).

I am using windows xp.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:39 pm

The up grade over wrote your User Cast file (your media database) you need to import the media file for that encounter again.
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:09 pm

What do you mean by "the map crashes"? Just that it's been replaced with a placeholder graphic?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:30 am

i created the map using battle grounds so it is a collection of objects as tiles all of which have become question marks which i am guessing are place holders.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:22 am

you need to re-import the media.. am I speaking to my self :D
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 am

In other words, open each of your Encounters in v1.3d, export a media bundle for each one, then copy or move those media bundles and Encounters to your v1.3e installation and open them in v1.3e. The media bundles should auto-import as you load each Encounter.

And yes, the question mark tokens are placeholders for missing media assets.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:38 am

lol ty heruca and nortonweb :)

You must get fed up with idiots like me lol

Sholari
General

Post by Sholari » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:49 pm

I have encountered a similar problem exept I was creating deployments and I still havent figured out how to fix it. Heruca you said to open all the encounters from the older verision, on the one that works right. But if I have a deployment of figures, I open them up on the older verision by clicking Load Deployments. Would that work the same as reloading the encounters? After loading the deployments I then click save Encounter. I then move he encounter file over to the newer verision of BG. Open the newer verision up and it still has question marks. I am unclear as to the steps to take to get this right, especialy creating media bundles. And the next question is do all the players have to import the media bundles on there PC's?

Thanks

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Good point. The best way to get your Deployment assets into the new version of BRPG would be as follows:

1) Launch the older version of BRPG.

2) Leave the Grass map showing. It never gets saved to media bundles, since everyone already has the Grass map.

3) Load your Deployment and export a media bundle of its assets.

4) Repeat step 3 for each Deployment you want to preserve the assets for.

5) Quit BRPG.

6) Move the media bundle/s to your new BRPG version's "Media Asset Bundles" folder.

7) Launch the new version of BRPG and use the "Import Media Assets" command. Do this for each Deployment you just made a bundle for.

By the way, only the GM needs to bother with this, since he can rely on peer-to-peer transfers to get the tokens transmitted to the player clients.
Last edited by heruca on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sholari
General

Post by Sholari » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:28 am

Thanks Heruca, I got it working